ID:120160

Not a bug
BYOND Version:493
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 14.0.835.202
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I try to log into byond games but no game works. Even when one does sometime it barely downloads resources and ends before 10.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.Log onto byond
2.Try to log into a game
3. byond connecting to XXX.xXX.xXX.xXX:XXXXX
and after a minute a ...failed appears after the ip and ping.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Logging into the game successfully
Actual Results:
Fail.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?Yes, in all games.
In other user accounts?Yes, in all accounts.
On other computers?On other computers didnt test it.

When does the problem NOT occur?
It always happens
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Tested. None worked.
Workarounds:

This is a network error. If it happens in all games, then the problem is your computer, your network, or your ISP. If it happens on other computers, then your router or ISP is responsible.
Again, on other computers it barely downloaded the resources.
And do you have any idea how to solve it?
You said you didn't test on other computers. What you said about resources was that you intermittently manage to connect but only get to about 10% downloaded.

As for how to fix this: Find out where the network issue is and solve it. If you're on a wireless network, that's a strong contender for the culprit right there.
Im on a wireless, i tried messing with the wires and everything, i cant seem to solve it.
I heard its something with the tracert utility but i have no idea what to understand from it.
Tracert can tell you if your connection is having issues upstream, but given that your connection is dropping frequently I have to say the wireless is probably the problem.
So what do i do? QQ
If your wireless router is the issue, find a way to boost the signal or replace the router. First you should run some tests to see if it's dropping packets. There are sites where you can find help with that sort of thing.
Can you link me to one?
I don't have any such links handy. You'll have to do some Googling. This all boils down to a networking problem that you'll have to solve yourself. Fixing an unstable wireless network is really beyond the scope of help I can offer.
Listen dude. Now some games work, and some dont. As much as i noticed, one of them that wont work is a one i entered alot, while one is also one i only entered once. Most games work.
If you're experiencing this mainly with one game, then it could just be that particular host. If most games are working fine, then you have provided incorrect information in the report above, since you said "Yes, in all games." in response to the question of whether this issue happens in other games. My responses up to this point have been based on the info you provided in the report.

Either way though, it's still just a basic network issue and not a bug. If it happens with all games it's at your end for sure. If it's only some, it could be those hosts, or something upstream from your ISP (or theirs) causing the issue.
But it keeps changing. I replug the router and some work and some doesnt, then it changes ._.