Pokemon Demo

by AbdelJN
Pokemon Demo
Who said quality Pokemon games couldn't be done on BYOND?
ID:120442

Controls
A - pick up items
R - hold to run
Esc - quit

I decided on taking a break on my other project NSU and decided to try something new. I made this in about 5 days, so if you encounter any bugs(likely) then please report it in the comment, thanks!

Here's proof that authentic looking Pokemon games can be made in a short amount of time.

Features

• Authentic modern style Pokemon gameplay and visuals.

• Fully animated Pokemon Black/White Pokemon, Trainers, Pokeballs and moves.

• Pixel movement and 30FPS to give a better overall experience.

NOTE: There are only 3 Pokemon currently. A starter(Snivy), a legendary(Reshiram), and my favorite(Arcanine). These are all catchable(I've set the default pokeball to 50% chance against any pokemon for demo purposes).

I might begin working on this again in the future and I'm considering releasing a framework so people can begin releasing quality Pokemon games. If I don't, I might end up using it for myself once I'm done with NSU.
Looking good!
How is this a demo tho?
It only shows that it can be done and almost everyone knew that.

Anyways it looks good.
Dj dovis wrote:
How is this a demo tho?
It only shows that it can be done and almost everyone knew that.

Anyways it looks good.

Not many people think it could be done effectively, of course they might think a very simple knockoff is possible but I just wanted to showcase how in little time, a quality Pokemon game can be made.

Great, One thing.. Pokeball = Auto Catch :\... I know its a demo and you probably made it that way, but yea.... i didnt like the effect of a lvl 75 reshiram getting caught with one pokeball
Darkness59 wrote:
Great, One thing.. Pokeball = Auto Catch :\... I know its a demo and you probably made it that way, but yea.... i didnt like the effect of a lvl 75 reshiram getting caught with one pokeball

Yeah I set it to 50% for demo purposes so people could try out all three Pokemon.
Useful
Would you mind if me and my friends used this demo to build a full world pokemon mmo??
http://db.tt/1gFDmDQK That's actually a modern style gameplay. Not offending. o.o