Spirit Age

by Chris Gayle
Spirit Age
An amazing action adventure game in a fantasy world on mystical islands
ID:1205040

After a 10 day delay from the given date we're finally here, some bugs took longer than expected and the normal day to day events of a student held it back but we're here with Spirit Age's Alpha v0.1

The new "big thing" included in this version of Spirit Age is a feature I call the "Live Mapper", which removes major parts of the game's content creation from the traditional dm/dmm editors. Instead, we build our maps, create, load & save our NPC and stores all at runtime, and soon even the quests will be created using this tool. It's an admin only tool currently, so as players you'll experience the results, which hopefully you enjoy. We have future plans to allow people to build within their own plots of land, but that's much further down the road.

ALPHA v0.1

11:20 AM 3/20/2013 ; v0.1
---> Spirit Age v0.1 goes live.

6:20 AM 3/21/2013 ; v0.12
---> Various security fixes
---> Combat effects
---> PvE & PvP exp rewards

11:58 AM 3/21/2013 ; v0.13
---> Character Info (c)
---> Saving & Loading of players location & statistics

2:08 PM 3/22/2013 ; v0.16
---> Character saving (complete)
---> Login/Slot Select
---> Live Map Updates
---> Adjustments & Bug fixes
---> Added combat effects
---> Mounts (Subscriber benefit)

2:39 PM 3/26/2013 ; v0.18
---> Platforming engine (allowing jumping over/ontop things in the world.)
---> A few system side updates.

Unless absolutely necessary, the server for the game will be up constantly, with frequent updates being included as we go on. As this version get's updated towards v0.2, i'll edit this document with information for those of you who would like to be kept up to date with the development.

NOTE! Player's will not be saved, considering we've just opened up to stress test and see how our engines function, we have numbers and environments to adjust, so instead of just wiping a character you felt you worked on, I've just excluded player saves until v0.2

Edit (3/26/2013) What the players do in the current versions will be saved & kept for the foreseeable future, we have no plans of player wipes for a while.

thankyouallforthesupport
LOL
Simple cooincidence
I dont get it :/
In response to Zane444
Nor did i, so i never said anything but since you said that.. i feel like it's ok to talk. lol

Anyway nice job guys, looks good :D
In response to Teka123
During the first open testing of the game in that picture there were 50-60 players trying to kill the same mob to level up. As you would think this did not work because people were simply ksing eachother and it made the game much less enjoyable. Also made it take much longer for us to actually experience the other parts of the game because the amount of time it took to just kill one mob and get the experience from it was way too long.
6:20 AM 3/21/2013 ; v0.12
---> Various security fixes
---> Combat effects
---> PvE & PvP exp rewards

11:58 AM 3/21/2013 ; v0.13
---> Character Info (c)
---> Saving & Loading of players location & statistics
boar missions lol
2:08 PM 3/22/2013 ; v0.16
---> Character saving (complete)
---> Login/Slot Select
---> Live Map Updates
---> Adjustments & Bug fixes
---> Added combat effects
---> Mounts (Subscriber benefit)

feellikeiforgottolistafew
Yut Put wrote:

please no.. not again

-_- 3 words; Boar.been.hating

Get that maptext aligned properly.
maptext = "<font align=center valign=middle>Centered text for buttons and whatnot."
maptext = "<font align=left valign=top>Output-like text."

// align uses left, center, right
// valign uses top, middle, bottom

For name tags, just center a maptext box under the player and center the text as well with something simple like this:
mob
var tmp/image/nametag

proc/show_nametag()
if(!nametag)
nametag = new

// The aligns are important!
nametag.maptext = "<font align=center valign=top>[name]"

// Some large number that determines when to word wrap.
nametag.maptext_width = 128

// Some large number. Text flows downwards, but names
// shouldn't be too long anyways.
nametag.maptext_height = 128

// Since the text starts at the top of the maptext bounds,
// it's positioned so that its top is at the bottom of the
// player's bounds.
nametag.pixel_y = -nametag.maptext_height + bound_y

// This aligns the center of the maptext bounds with the
// center of the player's bounds.
nametag.pixel_x = (bound_width - nametag.maptext_width) / 2 + bound_x

overlays += nametag
In response to Kaiochao
Did that a whole day before you suggested.
In response to Chris Gayle
I'm just going by what I'm currently seeing.

But if that's all fixed, forget what I said. Is there a list anywhere of things that I don't have to critique?
First, Will we be able to change our names? I mean, if my name was 5486736589. Second, you guys should use a 8 Dirrection Base. I mean it doesn't look like he's walking toward .northwest when we look at his face. Third, Is it normal that I can't be alight with the NPCs? Otherwise, Nice game, except the text not being centered, this game has certainly a future.

2:39 PM 3/26/2013 ; v0.18
---> Platforming engine (allowing jumping over/ontop things in the world.)
---> A few system side updates.

Took a break over the weekend and got back to work late yesterday after school, v0.2 is set to be out this week, however I've released v0.18 since I need to test platforming right before including the skills/items/techniques/buildings that will exist in v0.2

@Kaiochao - I think the update for the maptext may not have been included when I thought it was, so I was confused as to why it was still a problem, my apologies.
The monsters are damn tough and need to be toned down. even the small birds manhandle you at level 1.
^ You expect to pwn everything at lvl 1?...what games have you been playing?

Anyways, its just because of the equipments not giving stats yet, when they do, we're all oped.
no i really doubt that... perhaps you need a better choice in games too, a game like this working in such a way would be pretty lazy, and not the kind of game i was hoping i'd see this being, all it'd hopefully do is bring an edge... a bit of balance and reward those who worked at specific things well enough, not auto make everyone immune to death like you seem to be thinking
Yutput hates a lot.
v0.19
includes a huge update to the engine's efficiency, combat traits, equipment boosts, platforming bug fixes, improved combat accuracy and reduced experience loss due to death.
In response to XxKotaxX
I'd reasonably expect to be able to kill a bluejay as a full grown man fairly easily, yes.
Page: 1 2