ID:120597

It feels just like yesterday I had just joined BYOND in 2003 and playing the average Zeta rip that is so highly populated now. Looking at my posts from the last time I had BYOND membership(2007), I've realized how much has changed in those four years, and for anyone that really cares, here's a little recap :D

Graduated high school, I would hope that's the same for everybody in my class. I now attend Emory and Henry college as a freshman, and surprisingly, I'm still playing football haha! I noticed from my last post four years ago that I posted a picture along with a little recap of the first part of the season, but I feel that to be unnecessary now, so a picture will just do :)

Currently they have me playing middle linebacker, which is definitely an adjustment for me coming off of playing defensive end my whole high school career. I'm not a starter or anyway close to it, but I get the reps I can, so I'm using my freshman season to basically just learn the plays and get used to the transition from high school to college. On a side note, my grades are straight A's in my first midterm of my first semester, so I'm pretty proud of myself for that. I'm also majoring in Software Engineering if anybody really cares to know.

Development news, I've been consistently working on BYOND Football in my spare time, and I'm extremely happy that I now have a membership and blog to give frequent updates when I feel they are necessary! Although I don't have a video to show this time, I do have a screenshot of what I've been working on for a certain game mode.

Maybe some people find it unnecessary, but I feel customizing your own team makes things feel like they really are under your control. 30 players will be allowed on the final roster once I incorporate a kicker/punter in the game, but the aspect is to have at least 2 deep at each position. The game isn't your average 11 on 11 like American football, but more with 7 on 7, like average flag football leagues and such. I'm debating on adding formation changes, which you can pick the amount of recievers or runningbacks you have on the field and recruit your players in to fill those certain positions, but that will be later on when I incorporate season mode.

That's all I have for now, I'm sorry for the long post and somewhat rant, but it's been a while since I've had a blog of my own so don't hate on me too bad! If you have any questions about anything or just want to make a new friend(me), then feel free to comment or add me on my msn!

[email protected]
man ur fucking tuff as fuk dogg :)
Duelmaster409 wrote:
man ur fucking tuff as fuk dogg :)

I'm guessing that was intended to be sarcasm? Thanks though, appreciate it.
You seem pretty nifty. Nice to have you around!
Masterdarwin88 wrote:
You seem pretty nifty. Nice to have you around!

Appreciate it! Atleast someone's welcoming haha.
Welcome back to membership, good luck with your football game it'd be nice to have a few sports games on BYOND.
Approved.
The use of athlete names opens up an area of licensing that I'm not familiar enough with to be comfortable mentioning in my column, but good luck. =)
ACWraith wrote:
The use of athlete names opens up an area of licensing that I'm not familiar enough with to be comfortable mentioning in my column, but good luck. =)

The first and last names are randomly picked from a list. Therefore, there is a chance of a real athlete's name being made.
Like what Calus said, it's randomly generated names, not one name is worth more then someone elses.