ID:120756

Keywords: internet

It's been seven years since I last changed my internet connection from dial-up to 256k DSL. Back in 2004, 256k DSL Completely unlimited was a pretty good deal for Australia.

Now I stand before you with DSL-2, and speeds that have been, until now, completely unprecedented for me. So now I have the internet connection, the computer and a day off...

Bye kids, I'm going to catch up on SIX YEARS of online gaming. All in an afternoon.

If any BYOND groups are doing any game circuits like they used to, throw me a line sometime. ;)
I missed you, Tibbs. <3
You're like, one of my BYOND idols. <3
game circuits with other BYONDers sounds awesome.
Tafe wrote:
game circuits with other BYONDers sounds awesome.

The guys in wiz_chat/Chatters used to do it back in the day. I've run entire sections of D2 with other BYOND Gamers.

There's also old clan pages existing for stuff like Crossfire, which had a few BYOND users in it for a while (I wanna try that game with my new connection, but the last time I looked at it major and unwanted changes had gone through, so maybe not).

AND there's also our Steam Group.

We are all gamers after all. ;)
Wah, wiz_chat how I miss that community.:'(
CauTi0N wrote:

You weren't even around for wiz_chat.
Cyberlord84 wrote:
CauTi0N wrote:

He most likely had an older key, most people on BYOND seem to do.
Cyberlord84 wrote:
CauTi0N wrote:

How would you have any knowledge of that? Think before you assume. I joined BYOND back in '04.

Now everyone has faster internet than I can even possibly get :(
You know the world is going to hell when an Australian gets a better internet connection than you...
CauTi0N wrote:
Cyberlord84 wrote:
CauTi0N wrote:

How would you have any knowledge of that? Think before you assume. I joined BYOND back in '04.

He thinks, he knows everything about BYOND. Yet his dumbass joined in like 09.
Ryuk25 wrote:
He thinks, he knows everything about BYOND. Yet his dumbass joined in like 09.

'07. Who let this kid in the party?
Ahem. Now if this BYOND Join Date pissing match could come to a close.

I've decided I'm absolutely horrible at Black Ops. Terrible. I have been out of online gaming for the last seven years, I have absolutely no idea what is and is not considered being an asshole. (I've already been banned from one server, no explanation why though...)

Never the less, I'm progressing. I even made the BYOND Atom my gun logo thing. 'Cause I could.
Tiberath wrote:
The guys in wiz_chat/Chatters used to do it back in the day. I've run entire sections of D2 with other BYOND Gamers.

No one ever wants to do this anymore :(
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
No one ever wants to do this anymore :(

Now I actually have the internet connection for it. I might give Diablo 3 a run with you when it comes out?