ID:120967

BYOND Version:493
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 17.0.932.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
Descriptive Problem Summary: Well, basically the font seems to somewhat leak into another word.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Change the font to Consolas for example.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: Correct colors on your code.

Actual Results:

Notice the blue on the end of the M?

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Yes
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur? -

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
None to my knowledge.
This has also occurred on my computer, I use the same font style, color etc.
I had a similar issue awhile back and was told it had to do with DM only supporting monospace fonts.
I know what causes this, and have seen it myself with Droid Sans Mono. Due to the current design of the code editor, it's not an easy fix.

The problem comes from the way ClearType bleeds fonts over outside of their normal boundaries. When the editor has a color change, it draws a background rectangle first, which erases the part of the letter that bleeds over. This happens on wide characters like M's and W's, which push to the edge of their allotted space. This is why you see a blue line; it's ClearType doing that.

To fix this properly I'd need to figure out a different way of drawing the background rect, which also impacts selections.
Is there any chance that this will be fixed in any release or is it just going to be ignored?
Yeah, there's a chance of a fix, it just isn't a high-priority issue. Deferred reports still do get looked at.
All right, that's good to hear.