In response to Wirewraith
I suspect, though I have not tested, that fcopy_rsc(file("...")) can place a server-side file into the dynamic .rsc.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I suspect, though I have not tested, that fcopy_rsc(file("...")) can place a server-side file into the dynamic .rsc.

It can, you don't even need file(). fcopy_rsc can take either a local file, or an existing cache entry.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

Yep, although that call is completely useless since there's no way to use the files in the resource cache currently and IIRC the icon loading procs don't accept double quotes.
You can use them in exactly the same way as standard '' files, no?

var/static_file = 'static.dmi'
var/dynamic_file = fcopy_rsc("dynamic.dmi")
fcopy_rsc doesn't return the file, it returns 1 or 0; whether or not it succeeded.
Ref says it returns the cache entry reference.

Format:
fcopy_rsc(File)
Args:
File: file to copy into the resource cache
Returns:
reference to the file as a cache entry

- http://www.byond.com/docs/ref/info.html#/proc/fcopy_rsc
Oh yeah, didn't realize that(what was I looking at?). Well that just confirms the feasibility of this request.
You might've been looking right above it; fcopy() returns 1 on success, 0 on failure.
Yeah probably, my eyes failed me.
Bump? It'd be useful for my scripting language, so that people can access all icon files in the rsc if they know the name. I could generate an associative list, but that's requires two extra intermediate steps (packaging the src so I only get the files in the game, then running the folder through a script).
Bump. This would be super helpful.
Page: 1 2