ID:121102

Keywords: dcuniverse, games, mmo, morpg
It's rare when you run into a free to play MMO and fear for the financial situation of the developer from looking at how weak the premium content is. I've encountered this while playing DC: Universe, which has recently gone f2p and occurred such a grand surplus of new players that it queued up their server logins past 10,000 (I had to wait over an hour to log in the first time). However they quickly expanded server capacity at an impressive speed. DC:U has adopted a somewhat hybrid model for their premium content... You may either individually buy stuff from their cash shop such as costume pieces, fancy toys, inventory and character slots, ect. OR you can get a monthly subscription that gives you a ton of shit (expanded inventory and bank slots, no money cap, access to DLC, more character slots). The thing is... the top dog monthly payment package doesn't seem worth it right now... I don't need to make a ton of alt character, I don't need to expand my pocket money limit from $1,500 if everything costs under $1,000, I never came close to filling up my inventory, & there isn't any DLC out right now. Perhaps when my character reaches the level cap and things get serious I might require these additions, because apparently DC:U has a system similar to Guild Wars where you reach the cap relatively quickly then the serious content comes into play. Although I like how DC:U doesn't force you into buying their premium stuff... I feel bad for them because I wonder if they're making any money off of this at all. I've played games that give you skimpy inventories and reduce the EXP rate to dwindling levels to force you to buy cash shop crap, but with this I almost feel guilty for taking a free ride. Perhaps that is their grand financial scheme: Guilt trip the player to giving them money... Brilliant!
There is a DLC it's called Fight For The Light. You can play as a green lanturn or one of sinestros (if that's how you spell it) men. I'm going to buy premium when the playstation store comes back up, You run out of money very fast at lvl 30.
Is DLC a MMO? Or a Ps3 or xbox game?
HaxRp wrote:

DC is a MMO for ps3 and PC.
HaxRp wrote:

DLC stands for downloadable content.
HaxRp wrote:

This is the guy bringing "a brand new MMO to BYOND"