ID:1211421

Hello guys, I am here to make a complaint towards Black Edge X(Gyakumodorii, or whatever other name he goes by) Reasons? he keeps spamming my pager with advertisements to join his DBZ game(might be because it is not allowed to be publicly shown, just an assumption) Anyway, moving on to the point, I am getting sick and tired of this. Also, it turns out that I am not the only one of his victims, he has done the same nonsense to my friends. One question, how did he get our keys(None of us know him) and how can he spam us, regardless of the fact that we don't even have him added as a friend. Just speaking out for everybody who this guy has annoyed and angered, now really, somebody please do something to this guy, those spams need to be stopped! Here he is with his Black Edge Key (Please excuse me if the image is too big, when I resized it was too small to be seen.) Here he is with his Gyakumodorii key:
See that little hammer icon? Click it.
Appreciate the help but this guy just did it on my alt now, cmon now, this deserves a more proper consequence, something on BYOND's part, I don't see the need for me to do something like this when he is doing this to everybody. Please just bann this dude.
Block him. All bans now are sticky.
In response to SillyChild123
SillyChild123 wrote:
Appreciate the help but this guy just did it on my alt now, cmon now, this deserves a more proper consequence, something on BYOND's part, I don't see the need for me to do something like this when he is doing this to everybody. Please just bann this dude.

Members have the ability to page who ever they feel like, you have the power to disable them from messaging you.

I do agree that pager spamming has gotten worse and people abuse it like crazy, I just don't see Tom doing anything because the user can ban them.

This happens on a lot of forums not just here..

Ah alright, thanks for the help guys, its very appreciated! :P
I'll sue him for using 'orii' in his other name, as it's clearly trademarked by me. You can thank me later.
For the record, I contacted this guy (Atol Soldier), who has a history of spamming, and issued a pretty clear ultimatum. If anyone catches him or his alts spamming ever again, let us know via the support form as he has been given more than enough rope to hang himself.
Also, we have some ideas to autodetect and block spammers in the new pager. I think the fact that you can't easily multi-page will cut down most of it, though. As a less obtrusive replacement for multi-paging, I'd like to have a way to mass-page all your followers (who presumably _want_ your spam).
In that case, being able to mass-page people who are fans of your game would be handy too.
Ah right, I should have mentioned it. That would be a part of the package deal.
Perhaps some method of sending 'pager alerts' about a game from the game's hub to fans of the game? Would have a cooldown period and fans could toggle game alerts off, naturally. Would be a nice way of keeping fans posted on things that wouldn't really require a forum post.

EDIT: Danny beat me to it.
Now he's doing it with a newly made key:(He did it on my alt)

Yeah he keeps spamming, I vouch for sillychild. He does it on Atol Soldier too.
I remember reporting Atol Soldier for pager spamming several times about two years ago during the NEStalgia boom.

I'm just glad we have a pager-less standalone client so I don't have to field complaints from our players about that goober anymore. His spam had made a lot of people very wary about using BYOND.
In response to Jaredoggy
Jaredoggy wrote:
years ago during the NEStalgia boom.

In response to Flysbad
Flysbad wrote:
Jaredoggy wrote:

Is there a reason that you're randomly quoting me out of context?
In response to Jaredoggy
Jaredoggy wrote:
Flysbad wrote:
Jaredoggy wrote:

Is there a reaso[n] that y[o]u're randomly quoting me out of context?

A moderator of Eternia told me that this guy logged in and spammed his DBZ game. Or something.
In response to Writing A New One
Writing A New One wrote:
A moderator of Eternia told me that this guy logged in and spammed his DBZ game. Or something.

He did it to my game today as well. Atol Soldier.

Edit: This is what he spammed,
"Hhythtyh : BYONDs Most Played Game Has Finally Been Wiped After A Very Long Time! Join Now, To become the strongest and win BYOND Membership! byond://BYOND.world.514451325/"
Page: 1 2