ID:121421

...no not that ride...

Background:

I've been roaming BYOND since 2006 and been hidden from the public community all this time. Doing what? Classified project. Is all.
Personality:

I like to exchange quality art with other top artists from here, for motivation
History:

Minor stuff for DBOII(ssj aura, Oozaru revamp), NU( Crystal mirrors), SDBO(cell form 1,2 mockups), Eternia(cloths: guard, commander,soldier spells: approximately half as of August 2011)

ADDITIONALY:

I've been secretly working on a Bleach project with HulioG over 3 years with breaks and comebacks, however, because of my deep desire to do something meaningful rather than feed a temporary 'want' it turned out into constant graphical revamps. Resulting in no progress.
Did gain some skill though.

So bear in mind, some things you see are from Bleach Online, simply modified.
All these revamps led to

Ver.3 art:

Ver 4 titled 'old' next to version 5 final:

Other:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mob:
Stylised 3/4th perspective

Environment mechanics:

Perspective, shadow and reflection.

And that concludes 3 months of work. Yes just 3, while it took almost 4 years to get there.
End.

Next post: Project SCAVAS; Single-player scientific experiment, mechanics demo, featuring interactive environment.

'Because who cares about eye candy world if ... you CAN'T DESTROY IT!'

To be short about Project SCAVAS and it's purpose:

- fun gameplay
- interactive environment, cut, destroy, interact with plants, ruins, trees, water.

The major of the effort is to put into as much object-player interaction as posible as in a 3D immersed world, into 2D.

Of course anyone who can contribute is welcomed to join. Next post will feature what I'd expect from the programmer and the detailed mechanics behind SCAVAS, all in pweety flow charts.

Please note!

All the overlays and everything except the base itself is a part of Bleach Online, collaboration with HulioG.

Project SCAVAS, is not based on any series, you can call it regular RPG or Anime inspired, due to collour pallete and style, but it is NOT based on copyrighted material.
Holy [moly] an artist who isn't garbage.

Feels like I just spotted a unicorn.
SuperAntx wrote:
Holy [moly] an artist who isn't garbage.

Feels like I just spotted a unicorn.

I need to go through the dictionary and find a word that describes how I feel about this.

Edit:
Spectacular
Incredible
Wonderful
Unbelievable
Amazing
Inspiring
magnificent
Marvelous
Amazing
Extraordinary
Astonishing
Stupendous
Astounding
Miraculous
Incredible
Unbelievable
Phenomenal

All of those and more will work.
I like your stuff, if you ever need someone to work with get in contact with me, I'd love to work with you. I have a lot of experience with programming in DM and I've worked with a few people before, I have a good work ethic with others, so you wouldn't need to worry about me bailing. I also have an original game design that I worked on a while ago if your interested.
Fixed 5 animations, check them out!

Added little entry info on SCAVAS at the bottom of the post.

Thanks!
I don't like anime much, but this is pretty damn impressive, bro!

fan ++
I have now found my reason to stay on BYOND...

Here i thought this place was only going to go downhill...shame on me.
D-Cire wrote:
I have now found my reason to stay on BYOND...

Here i thought this place was only going to go downhill...shame on me.

Because it is? This is like finding a diamond is a pile of coal.
Lookin' great, I'm not a big fan of the anime stuff; but you've made it VERY appealing.

Wish I could find artists like you for my projects... might actually get something done.
Enzuigiri wrote:
I need to go through the dictionary and find a word that describes how I feel about this.

Edit:
Spectacular
Incredible
Wonderful
Unbelievable
Amazing
Inspiring
magnificent
Marvelous
Amazing
Extraordinary
Astonishing
Stupendous
Astounding
Miraculous
Incredible
Unbelievable
Phenomenal

All of those and more will work.

What he said.
Hey, I remember you! Seems like you've gotten even better. Keep it up!
An anime game that may be worth playing? Gasp!

I'm following this project. Hope something comes of it as it looks really interesting.
Eureka! This would definitely be a game I'd love to play.

Your environment is interesting. I wonder how you'll map them though. Aside from the weird posture of the naked base, everything looks epic.

I have been trying to make a neat MORPG game for the past 4 years. Because of school and other matters, progress has been very slow. I even restarted several times. Nevertheless, I never gave up.

Keep up the good work! Good luck and more power!
Very nice art, shame about it all being anime though. (I don't mean to say that in a condescending tone, I just am sad that it seems there are very few non-anime pixel artists on byond)
Glad to see you're still around. Keep up the good work and get on msn more often :)
Techgamer wrote:
I just am sad that it seems there are very few non-anime pixel artists on byond

He's contributed a lot of art to Eternia (most of the overlays and half of the spells) and he's designing his own original game. The good pixel artists on BYOND, even if their favourite genre is anime, seem more than willing to back an original project if there's incentive.
What the hell is an anime pixel artist? A pixel artist is a pixel artist. He just chooses to make anime stuff. Just by looking at his work alone you should be able to tell he can do more than just anime.
Thanks for all the welcoming comments!

Please note!

All the overlays and everything except the base itself is a part of Bleach Online, collaboration with HulioG.

Project SCAVAS, is not based on any series, you can call it regular RPG or Anime inspired, due to collour pallete and style, but it is NOT based on copyrighted material. SCAVAS is my primary point of interest and the project I'd like to collaborate on with top devs.
Holy shit covered in cornflakes good work reminds me of the new pokemon games that are out...i want to make environments like this for sdbo :) this is a fav
Page: 1 2