Invaders

by Kaigne
A retro styled arcade game
ID:121446

Space Invaders by Kaigne.

I don't think I need to go into explaining what Space Invaders is. If you've never played it, there is something wrong with you and you do not have the right to call yourself a "gamer". That's the equivalent of a chef claiming he's never boiled water. Log out of your Skyrims and Battlefields this instant and play a real game for once in your life.

Space Invaders is a perfect fit for the guild. However, your game has to be of a certain level of quality to be accepted into the guild. Surprisingly, a guy I don't think I've ever heard of on BYOND exceeded my expectations. There is just so much awesomeness going on with this game's presentation I can't begin to explain it in words. Of course, the way the game is presented is normal as far as the "real world" goes so-to-speak, but here on BYOND where you are greeted with Super Saiyan 15 Vegetatrunks title screens, and "how much red u want in ur eyebrowz?" alert boxes, games put together like this one are a rarity. It's only proper that I make you all aware of this game, and if you weren't sure how to decently present your game, you might want to log in and take some notes. A game like this would ROCK using the Flash client.

LEARN FROM KAIGNE
Space Invaders? Never played it before. :O ( Sarcasm )

P.S: Good Job Kaigne =P
I've played it, simply an amazing Space Invaders game. Runs really smooth.
You're brilliant, ET! Thanks for the wonderful review.

Also, thank you, Kaigne. This is just the sort of game we need to represent this guild. Keep it up and start to work on that next submission!
I seem to be having a problem with the hubs scoreboard though =/. Currently trying to fix it

P.S Thanks guys
I NOW OWN THE HIGH SCORE!!! Beat that >:O

=D
How about listing it? =D
I listed it this morning moments after I played it.
I meant byond hub listing.
Oh, I can do that. Sure, no prob.
Isn't Space Invaders owned by like some old arcade company like Atari or Midway?
Lugia319 wrote:
Isn't Space Invaders owned by like some old arcade company like Atari or Midway?

In NA, it's owned by Midway, yes.
It is listed as a fan game. I can make original works of it though, but i do not have any attractive ideas.
Some idears?

1. Play as aliens.
2. Have your ship move around the edges?
3. 3D mode - you have to shoot inside a box (or outside it)

In reality, it is much easier to just modify a board game (as I have done with The Knight and Law of the Board). :/
Kaigne wrote:
It is listed as a fan game. I can make original works of it though, but i do not have any attractive ideas.

Make the character be a wizard or something that shoots fireballs at maybe goblins.

When in doubt, add a bunch of RPG-ish stuff. :D
Hm. I may recreate it into something even better. But the original goal for this project was for flash client. If I am motivated enough by tomorrow ill definitely create something x9000 better.
It's an interesting version of Space Invaders, it kind of mixes shmups with space invaders, fun game. Maybe add a few different alien formations? Just for the heck of it really, I tend to ignore the enemies and just shoot while avoiding bullets (as you do in shmups).
The funny part is that I made a small little Invader-style game(Didn't finish it) a while back.
Albro1 wrote:
The funny part is that I made a small little Invader-style game(Didn't finish it) a while back.

Have anything to share to help me make this original?
I'd say make it more...modern. Give it a new look, maybe even a Galaga-style look. Then maybe give them powerups, to build more walls to protect you. Other than that, I'm not the most creative person around. I would have a lot more released if I was.