You know what, don't even bother answering ET cause I won't be reading it. I'm done posting here and I can be the bigger man and walk away. Please continue with this pointless blaming of the anime community for the next ten years while the rest of us move on, BYOND community. And I thought that the SS13 forums were full of hardheaded people.
I was thinking the same thing. If you're going to act like a blind retard and act like there are no popular rips on the site, there is no reasoning with you. I'm having more fun playing HoN right now - carry on.
Anime games get more players because the franchise has been advertised for them already. All you have to do is stick a name in front of it, and you're good.

Original games have to be discovered/advertised. Searching "Naruto RPG" in google is how I found BYOND. Typing in "Chess online" would give me a bunch of other websites first.

And it's quite feasible that anime games have caused a lack of original games. An author writes for their audience. If no one wants original games, no one will make them. Three years ago, a lot of players were 100% content to play their rip of choice. Now that BYOND is gearing itself to showcase more original work, people are making more original things.
Lugia319 wrote:
And it's quite feasible that anime games have caused a lack of original games. An author writes for their audience. If no one wants original games, no one will make them. Three years ago, a lot of players were 100% content to play their rip of choice. Now that BYOND is gearing itself to showcase more original work, people are making more original things.

Not only that, but BYOND has many users who came to BYOND with no game development experience. These people learn by example and bad games act as a bad examples. There just happen to be many bad examples that are anime themed. If those users had learned about proper game development from the start, BYOND could have turned out quite different.
Maybe I'd have respect for anime games if they weren't all the exact same top down generic RPG's that have been around the site for over the last decade.

Actually, anime games 10 years ago were way better. I've yet to see an anime developer use the 4.0 interface correctly without making their game look clownishly ridiculous.
Page: 1 2