ID:121517

Seeing as the HC Rush servers for Battlefield 3 wont pick up for another hour, I figured I'd pull myself away from that and my television to drop on in for a second or two.

First extremely long story cut short, I bought a laptop. This one to be extremely accurate. I didn't do any research about it nor do I know if it's really worth the price I paid. But that's beyond the point, I simply wanted something I could do my programming on, 'cause to be honest, it's just too hard to concentrate on my desktop. It's so pretty and capable of online gaming with extreme comfort.

--

I watched Darker than Black season two. It was... odd. I'm glad I took my brothers advice and watched the OVAs before the series. That would have been epically confusing if I had done it the other way around. Whoo man, epically confusing.

It wasn't bad, lacks some of the finesse the first season brought to my screen. But I can't really complain, it fulfilled my desire for kickass fighting and the occasional knife fight.

--

Another to check off is Fruits Basket. Not sure how I'd briefly describe this one. I liked it. That's all there is to it really. I'd probably be more inclined to recommend it to a female instead of a male, love story and all.

--

BAKA and Test being the one I just recently finished. I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on but hey, it was amusing. Normally repetitive jokes get repetitive and annoying, but I quite liked "Iron Man" with his "Demon Remedial Class", especially the circumstances that lead to some. Still, have no idea how these avatar things can possibly fit into the mix. My understanding is it's a fighting game where your stats are determined by your test scores based on the teacher who casts the field. I can sort of see how it'd be fun, but with that whole teacher approval and stuff, I couldn't see it motivating my teenage self to ignore women in favour of a learning game. It isn't Age of Empires 2, after all.

--

Sekirei was another one I polished off between the last post and now. It was pretty awesome until every charter I'd seen thus far was killed off within minutes... It was an interesting way to start a series anyway. Spoiler alert: The majority of the guys in the trailer (the one I watched, anyway) are killed off pretty quickly. Episode one quickly...

I don't hate the show, I was quite entertained, absurd amounts of character deaths reasonably quickly makes for interesting character development (seriously). Give it a look at if you enjoy blood and the occasional sword fight.

--

Yeah, I think that covers me. Work still blows and no other employment exists. But at least I now have a nice desktop and what I can only assume based on the fact it will turn on when I get it (hopefully), a better laptop than the one I had. By... a lot... Win win.

See you on the Battlefield (3).
I LIKE YOUR OLD SEXY PHOTO BETTER WITH THE LEATHER JACKET AND THE SHADES MUCH SEXIER PLZ PUT IT BACK THX
PS3? Down for some BF3 with BYONDer's anytime. :P
PC.

And that photo is like five years old...
Darker than Black's second season was such a travesty a large portion of the fans deny its existence.

I once contemplated watching Baka and Test, but after a quick bit of research I determined it was generic ecchi trash for otaku virgins. How accurate am I with this assumption?
SuperAntx wrote:
How accurate am I with this assumption?

I'd say it's not for you.

The best way I can think of describing it is the same way you described Shana 2.
Hey Tiberath, I play BF3 on PC.
Would you like to play with me, perhaps?
Tiberath wrote:
The best way I can think of describing it is the same way you described Shana 2.

I see, not my cup of tea but to each his own. Speaking of Shana, I recently watched Zero no Tsukaima which featured everyone's favorite voice actress. If you haven't seen it I recommend at least checking out the first season.

I thought the premise of the show was very cool, that being a modern human summoned to a fantasy world as some mage's familiar. The male lead, though using secret mystical bloodline powers, did kick some ass here and there and wasn't your typical introvert. The eventual reveal of mystical artifacts [URL SPOILER] was also very cool. The whole time I was just thinking of how easily the setting would translate into an awesome video game.

Unfortunately, being made by JC Staff, the show did eventually tread into generic harem territory. It was hit hard, way worse than Shana. By the third season almost all pretenses of a story were dropped in favor of girls fighting over who gets the most attention. I guess the high contrast between how it started and how it ended really magnifies the reduction in quality as the show went on.

It's a damn shame.
@SAX: I imagine it's a lot simpler than that. No need to work so hard when you can draw them in with an interesting story and then, keep them around with unnecessary fan-service.

Oasiscircle wrote:
Hey Tiberath, I play BF3 on PC.
Would you like to play with me, perhaps?

I spend the majority of my time on: AUSSIEHC.COM 64 [HARD] INSTANT VEHICLES
203.46.105.22:21000.

--

Oh, and I made a mistake in my post. Sekirei is another anime I've watched, but it's not about what I said it was about. Sekirei is what SAx hates, girls fighting for all the attention. But I found it funny.

The post was actually referring to Ga-Rei Zero.
I actually watched Ga-Rei Zero about a month ago, it's one of the few examples of an adaptation being far superior to the source material. That first episode, holy shit. Aside from a few really bad CG scenes it's pretty darn good with nice animation and a tragic story.
SuperAntx wrote:
I actually watched Ga-Rei Zero about a month ago, it's one of the few examples of an adaptation being far superior to the source material. That first episode, holy shit. Aside from a few really bad CG scenes it's pretty darn good with nice animation and a tragic story.

The story was rather tragic indeed. Took me a little while to understand though, as I pretty much approached it like I approach every anime: without knowledge on source material or spoilers. Completely blind, if you will.