Keywords: blank, ieframe, pager
Resolved
BYOND Version:499.1175
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 19.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Pager logs me in correctly (Dream Daemon recognizes I have logged in), yet it's completely blank and my browser opens up an odd link.

http://i.imgur.com/LgliyaI.png

res://ieframe.dll/navcancl.htm#C:\Users\Emasym\Documents\BYO ND\pager\custom\pagerhome.html

I simply start up pager. This happens every time I try on that computer, haven't been able to test anywhere else yet, but someone on the release forum has the same problems.
Another user has reported this as well. There's no reason this should happen as far as I can tell so I'm trying to find out more about why.

Can you tell me which Explorer version is installed on your computer?
I have another followup question: In older versions, do you have issues like this when joining games that use the browser control (e.g., Space Station 13, or the map function in Runt)?

Never had any issues with browser, I use it in my own projects constantly.

However, I tried testing in Runt, and the BYOND popup informed me it started downloading, but that was five minutes ago and so far I see no game anywhere.

Might be some other thing though, I can download and join SS13, and everything seems fine.
Sounds like the download with Runt had a problem. I'd try that again because I don't think that's related to the issue, but I do want to know if Runt has problems with the Map command because that uses a browser control.

Can you take a look in your user data directory and tell me what the permissions are for pager, pager/custom, and pager/custom/pagerhome.html? Maybe there's a problem reading that particular file.
Welp, Runt keeps bugging.
However, I can assure you I've done plenty of tinkering with the BYOND built in browser which always worked. =/

I don't have a pagerhome.html in the folder you have specified, only a colors.txt file, but I have all read/write permissions. The folders you have mentioned had "read only" checked, and even though I'm logged in as admin I disabled it. Still nada.
Oooh, the read-only is a huge clue. Perhaps those folders weren't being properly marked for writing. It sounds like it simply couldn't create the file or the right folders. (Do you have a pager\custom folder, or just pager?)

Changing your entire user data dir so read-only is turned off should eliminate the problem the next time you run the pager, if I'm correct.
Is it read-only with a check, or with a square? The square is normal and does not affect anything.
Well if the square is partially filled it could indicate some of the files/dirs are read-only and some not.
We found a problem in version 499.1175 that would explain why this happened if you haven't used a previous version of the new pager. Please try build 499.1176 and let us know if that fixes the issue.
Yup, it was indeed my first build, this fixed it. Thanks.

As for the square, was a square.
Lummox JR resolved issue