Enzuigiri wrote:
If a title screen means dedication then I guess rips are going to be here for a while @_@

I still don't get this game. What is this suppose to be? WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM YOU?!

Meh. You be trolling right? This isn't some introduction to everything the game has or is. If you want that, go back a few posts. The title screen here is different than the ones you see in rips.
1. Not a google image.
2. Not a font used in GFX.
3. Contains art that is within in the game.
It's an action platform game where you progress through levels, solve puzzles, fight bosses, and gain new abilities (either attacks or movement-related skills). It's some kind of mix of Metroid and Mega Man. Some parts are distinct, linear levels. Other parts are more open and free roaming.
It's still pretty. =)

Apparently, there's a tower defense game called Tiny Heroes for Apple devices. You might want to consider a new name.
Thanks for the heads up. I think SuperAntx had pointed that out too.

I used to google "tiny heroes" on occasion to see if it was taken. I eventually realized it was, but was never able to think of a new title for this. Now that I've made the title screen, I'm stuck with it. I'll just have to make sure my game is better =)
You should rename your game Tiny Scrolls.
I figured I'd keep the name and use "______ Heroes" as a way of naming future projects.
Name it Narto Frog Conquest?
Ganing wrote:
Enzuigiri wrote:
If a title screen means dedication then I guess rips are going to be here for a while @_@

I still don't get this game. What is this suppose to be? WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM YOU?!

Meh. You be trolling right? This isn't some introduction to everything the game has or is. If you want that, go back a few posts. The title screen here is different than the ones you see in rips.
1. Not a google image.
2. Not a font used in GFX.
3. Contains art that is within in the game.

Screenshot with text = login. Ok. Anyway, No I'm not trolling.

Yusuke13 wrote:
Name it Narto Frog Conquest?

^Trolling.

No, I'm serious. I want to know what this game is, which FA has told me.

Name it UHH UHH BYOND's Heroes.

Damn I have to wait longer.

µscrolls
superantx:You should rename your game Tiny Scrolls.

and take a lawsuit to the knee

EDIT:
kaiochao: µscrolls

I like this one

EDIT2:
Forgot to say, I like how it looks. Good work F_A :)
I'm not really surprized.
You stun the byond community over and over...
Dunno your age, but... make use of your programming abilities! search for a job with programming.
If byond is a sidething in your life, fine.
Not gonna lie tafe. Nothing on BYOND stuns me. I honestly don't get the hype over this. FA has released a game before o__o remember how everyone went ape**** over miner adventure and ..yeah.

I'm not knocking the game or anything. An angel gets its wings every time someone on BYOND makes a game that doesn't make me want to put a gun to my head. But I just don't understand all the hype around this. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's not hype and people are just complimenting the game because something is getting done around here. But even so this seems rather umm "underwhelming" by FA standards. I expected him to recode DM entirely and put Tom out of business by now.
Enzuigiri wrote:
I'm not saying your game is bad, but your game is bad and you should feel bad for making something this bad.
The games don't have to be stunning. They just have to be good enough to show off what BYOND can do, and a game made by a programmer as good as FA will do just that. A sidescroller that makes use of things like dynamic lighting, smooth pixel movement, intelligent AI etc. will show BYOND can do much more than produce top-down Dragon Ball and Naruto games. Which is pretty much what a lot of people believe due to all the years we allowed games like GOA or some Zeta rip to be the first game people see when they come to the site.
Enzuigiri wrote:
Not gonna lie tafe. Nothing on BYOND stuns me. I honestly don't get the hype over this. FA has released a game before o__o remember how everyone went ape**** over miner adventure and ..yeah.

BYOND is very much a community where people care more about your name than what you're actually doing or making. When I posted A Miner Adventure, I had only posted one other game (Spies!), two demos (the AI demos), and had just posted a very primitive version of the sidescroller library. For a while, the things I made went under everyone's radar.

I'm not knocking the game or anything. An angel gets its wings every time someone on BYOND makes a game that doesn't make me want to put a gun to my head. But I just don't understand all the hype around this. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's not hype and people are just complimenting the game because something is getting done around here. But even so this seems rather umm "underwhelming" by FA standards. I expected him to recode DM entirely and put Tom out of business by now.

If I was someone else, I might agree with you. BYOND is in the shape it's in because people get excited about anything that looks better than a rip. People shouldn't get excited about a project just because it'll slightly improve the average quality of games on this site - we need big quality improvements, not little ones. That being said, I hope this game will do more than slightly improve the quality of games offered by BYOND.

Still, I am afraid that people are getting their hopes up too much. That's part of the reason for wanting to release a deliberately incomplete version - it'll let people get their feet wet and see what the game is about so they can develop more reasonable expectations for the complete version.
Forum_account wrote:
Still, I am afraid that people are getting their hopes up too much. That's part of the reason for wanting to release a deliberately incomplete version - it'll let people get their feet wet and see what the game is about so they can develop more reasonable expectations for the complete version.

Let people play it as a few oddly-named development phases, closed alpha, open alpha, open beta, and release it on 1/1/11 with a playerbase of already over a million people.
To be fair, FA did release a video or two demonstrating some of the features in Tiny Heroes. While it's not a hands-on experience for us, we can get the gist of what the game play may be like.
Enzuigiri wrote:
Someone sent this to me on msn LOL

Atleast you could give me some credits.. Im not just "someone"! :(
Page: 1 2 3