ID:1218789

I'm not entirely sure on Byond's current stand on game listing and ripped content, however I've received news that a competing game that used the source of my project has been listed.

There was a source leak from an untrusty member some time ago, and then a while later there was a split in staff. Following said chaos, we have decided to completely overhaul the project to escape the "rip" plagues, as hundreds were formed from our source.

Not too long after, Crazah and Allsmiles creators of Naruto: Evolution and Ikou Era who were unpleased with recent game changes due to the new environment took the leaked source and created Era of the Shinobi under Allsmiles' new key "Seventh", capitalizing on our grueling development stages to steal away our playerbase.

Whilst we are still trying to develop the game(rather hard to assemble a reliable team that follows directions), we weren't too focused on the "competition" until this issue came up.

You may find our game, and their source material here.

I would just like to know if these underhanded actions will bar the original game from being listed on the byond page once we feel we're ready to apply.
It shouldn't be a problem for your game to get listed, no.
That's good to know. I was worried since last we heard, rips weren't listed on the hub.
Thank you.
The original hub.
Mugen234 is the staff member who constantly sold off the source code for personal gain. After a disagreement blown far out of proportion, he took the old source files he leaked and created a rip off of our old source.

He had the hub, and refused to give it up. It stings because all of our hardwork, the events, the roleplay[basis of the game] is all linked to the hub. He constantly takes credit for what we've done, despite having only contributed that hub, and ripped artwork from other games on top of copied and pasted code.

There were logs of the discussion, but he has since deleted them. It's because of that betrayal that we have taken so long to come back for listing. We don't want to resemble the old source at all, as he pretty much has the hub, and with it the right to call us a rip.

I however assure you, it's the other way around; and the entirety of the game's old playerbase knows it.
Is it me, or does this just happen too often around here?
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

I wish it happened more, so people realized not to get in bed with the wrong people, and thus we attain a rip-free BYOND.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

This is Naruto GOA all over again.

GOA=/= Naruto Exodus...
I created a RIP of my own game?...Hmm..interesting, So Shinobi Story Online started when I was made owner of a game called "Konohagakure Online", whatever I did with my own game has nothing to deal with anyone else besides me, regardless of how others feel.

Jet is just a staff member that I made my right hand (due to me barely having time between school, work, and coding), a mistake I don't regret even though it led to these unfortunate events. "Tiria: Third Age" is a RIP of Shinobi Story Online because it came from my computer, my files, my coding, my icons, etc. I told Jet he could part ways and make his own version but originally it all started with Shinobi Story, ask any player from Tiria, SSO, or Era of the Shinobi.

To this day, Tiria will always be considered as a RIP because everyone knows that SSO was the beginning and even though "Era of the Shinobi" is a RIP of SSO I gave AllSmiles, and Crazah the okay because I like the new look and systems they bring to the game, but I still retain the name and source of SSO.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

I hope Tom deletes that SSO Rip(Tiria)...it sucks
Im just here to not take sides, but I just want to say this

"There was a source leak from an untrusty member some time ago, and then a while later there was a split in staff. Following said chaos, we have decided to completely overhaul the project to escape the "rip" plagues, as hundreds were formed from our source."

Practice what you preach, You and your staff mind your business and your game, and we will do the same. It will be the bast for the sake of the comunity andthe games.

Thank you.
Okay, all of you. Shhhhhhhh. Let's not make this into a debate about rips and what came first.

If Mugen234 agrees that specific spin-offs from the Shinobi Story source are 'okay', and the BYOND Listing Staff sees enough of a difference between those games (they don't play like clones of each other), they'll be listed without any issues (assuming they pass all the qualifications set forth by the guidelines).
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Okay, all of you. Shhhhhhhh. Let's not make this into a debate about rips and what came first.

Who the hell are you to tell us to shhh?
In response to King_LiOnZ
King_LiOnZ wrote:
Super Saiyan X wrote:

Someone with enough logic not to aggravate the issue at hand.

Super Saiyan X wrote:
King_LiOnZ wrote:
Super Saiyan X wrote:

Someone with enough logic not to aggravate the issue at hand.

You obviously just did if you responded to me. You just contradicted yourself.
Super Saiyan X wrote:

If Mugen234 agrees that specific spin-offs from the Shinobi Story source are 'okay', and the BYOND Listing Staff sees enough of a difference between those games (they don't play like clones of each other), they'll be listed without any issues (assuming they pass all the qualifications set forth by the guidelines).

Good, im not the only one who doesn't want a senseless argument that would lead to nowhere.