ID:1220562

Resolved
Chat history was very slow-loading for users with long conversations.
BYOND Version:499.1177
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Firefox 19.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.

Descriptive Problem Summary: My friend and I have about 885 sent messages between us via the pager. I'm not sure how to delete them, but whenever I go to send a new message to my friend the entire pager freezes and won't respond.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Just get over 850+ messages from one person I guess. It's how it's happening for me.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?: I've tried 5 times now and each time it freezes.
In other games? N/A
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? N/A

When does the problem NOT occur?: Anytime I don't try and send that particular friend a message.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) 499.1175(It was slow but didn't freeze)

Workarounds: I haven't found one yet, unless it's just to delete the messages of which I am unsure how to do -_-.

I'm confused. You've listed 498 as the version that had this problem, but said 499.1175 fixed it. That would imply it was broken in one of the 498 betas with this feature, and is fixed now. If this isn't the case, please edit your post to specify the exact version you used that had this problem.
Well I am using the new pager, which is listed as 499.1177 as of now, but that wasn't listed in the build list.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Chat history was very slow-loading for users with long conversations.
Thank you very much Lummox =D