ID:1221230

Look, I understand that many people these days obviously won't buy a Mac if they want to game, and for this reason and probably a few others, you don't make BYOND available on Mac. But, I mean, honestly! I have been waiting for a Mac version for several years now! My logic is that all you have to do to make BYOND playable on a Mac is change all of the file types to ones that support Mac. Now, I'm no expert on coding and making applications, or whatever. But it makes sense to me, though, I'm sure its not as simple as that. PLEASE! I'm begging you! Make BYOND playable on Mac! I used to play BYOND games more than any other games on my Father's PC. He, unfortunately, no longer lets me on said computer, as I now have my own school laptop. Which, unfortunately, is a Mac. This is torture, because no good games out there are supported by Mac, and even if they were, probably couldn't run without lag. BYOND is so much fun, more fun than I've had with the hundreds of games I've played over the course of my 15 years of life. I even remember BYOND being more fun than most of the amazing games I play these days. GOA, BLN; even games such as Resident Evil Online 2 (which I played frequently, along with many other Bleach games, not only BLN).

So, please. I'm asking you sincerely, as a former active player who played BYOND whenever the chance arose. Please make BYOND playable on Mac, otherwise I'll have to save up over $1000 in order to buy myself a good gaming PC. Not only for BYOND, but for the torturous amounts of good games out there that Mac users can't play on such an incompetent system.
It's funny because of the games he listed and lolMac.
You can emulate windows.

Either way, I question the use of DirectX over OpenGL.

It's no secret that DirectX is over-hyped, and has just now started to close the feature-gap behind OpenGL. Meanwhile, OpenGL programs are often faster, smaller, and more highly portable.

Unfortunately, due to fanboyism and the presumptions of uneducated gamers, DirectX has the perception of being more powerful --When in fact, OpenGL has been faster for about eight years now, and easier to implement for about ten years.

Sadly, the lack of marketing behind OpenGL doesn't leave them with much of a response to Microsoft's incessant misinformation regarding the portable, lightweight, powerhouse that is OpenGL.

Finally, I leave you with the words of John Carmack, father of the modern FPS and his formal denouncement of DirectX.
Dual boot.