ID:122147

Redundant
Applies to:DM Language

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
BYOND should implement new movement types that can greatly benefit developers without the need for them to create something over the top. Along with native pixel movement, I find it rather difficult to create a decent side-scroller system on my own (Most likely someone could do it better). This could be one of the benefiting factors.

world/movement_style=SIDE_SCROLLER //MOVEMENT BECOMES SIDE-SCROLLER LIKE

world/movement_style=DIAGNOLS //ALLOWS PLAYERS TO USE ARROW KEYS FOR DIAGNOL MOVEMENT

world/movement_style=DEFAULT //THE CURRENT WAY DM HANDLES MOVEMENT WITHOUT ANY MODDING

SN: For side-scroller mode you can also add a new var for atom/movable that will set there depth/heights of their jumps.

atom/movable/jump_height=32 //IN PIXELS???

They don't really need to add additional movement systems. What they need to do is fix the currently broken input systems. Holding right, then pressing up, should not cancel me moving right to instead move me up, it should move me both up and right.

I assume this is the same problem plaguing your side scroller; not being able to move and jump at the same time. By using key-down and key-up macros (instead of repeating ones) you can create loops that will allow the game to properly understand multiple keys being used simultaneously.