ID:122469

I really want to know when will the site be updated, to be honest, I had some lag while checking the Blogs, I don't know if the lag occurs on my network (which wouldn't make much sense) or if BYOND is working slow because it's currently transfering any file to the "updated server", anyway, I'm probably wrong.

I've read some Tom's comments, and it seemed like if the website update would happen next week, any idea? I really like the appareance of it, and the new features, the Blog'll disappear after the update, though :/

Anyway, as I said on the last post, I wish you a happy new year, and a great experience on byond, I'll obviously stay here (:

If HUB's Forum works well, I'll delete my game's forum for sure, what are you thoughts about the update? Should anything be changed? I know this won't change anything at all, but I wondered what is your point of view ^^ I honestly like the updates, and I wish Flash'll come soon, even though it'll take some more time to arrive~

G'Luck! (:
I'm nearly certain We don't completely loose our Blogs , we certainly don't loose our old posts, Toms stated that much.

From my understanding he's pretty much turning our Blog into a Focal point for our games, hubs and forums for any game we make and we loose the ability to customize our css(which may be changed to simple layout alteration at some point)

All our old Blog posts remain, and the main thing here is that the style of our Blog posts turns into a forum style, and the general organisation of the site becomes better and more functional.
Ratzy wrote:
I'm nearly certain We don't completely loose our Blogs , we certainly don't loose our old posts, Toms stated that much.

From my understanding he's pretty much turning our Blog into a Focal point for our games, hubs and forums for any game we make and we loose the ability to customize our css(which may be changed to simple layout alteration at some point)

All our old Blog posts remain, and the main thing here is that the style of our Blog posts turns into a forum style, and the general organisation of the site becomes better and more functional.

I liked the simple layout, looks much better than our current default layout which is all white and... lame xD

Eternal_Memories wrote:
I had some lag while checking the Blogs, I don't know if the lag occurs on my network (which wouldn't make much sense) or if BYOND is working slow because it's currently transfering any file to the "updated server", anyway, I'm probably wrong.

I experienced the same thing last night
Ratzy wrote:
we loose the ability to customize our css(which may be changed to simple layout alteration at some point)

I dint know that we will loose the customize Css ;( well does that mean no more CSS Guild ?
Tom is looking to make the entire site look "consistent."
That means everything looks and works pretty much the same way, a forum. All existing posts will be converted to forum threads.

I think all hub discussions are going to one large "Games Forum", blog posts are going to one large "Community Forum", etc. If that's the case, I think colors or something should be customizable on the client's end. I'd make the games forum have a pale orange background while the developer forum has a pale blue background, like the good old days.