ID:1231593

Sometimes, the pager simply stops communicating with the hub. It's not noticeable until you've checked the website and you have notifications you haven't gotten on the pager.

This used to happen quite frequently on the old pager for me, I even requested a feature to show when it last communicated with the hub - but I think it was purged, or something.

Sure, the pager shows you when it can't establish a connection to the BYOND hub upon login/startup - but not if the connection drops while the pager is running.

A refresh button with a cooldown, it resets the connection to the hub, or something.
Found it for you - ID:260793

@Tom - sounds like a cool feature does it not?

+
Oh wow, that was apparently made before the feature tracker even existed.
Seems I'm not getting notifications sometimes - but the pager is still using 5-8% CPU (which is new...)
Just to clarify some of the issues involved here, the pager hasn't ever kept a persistent connection to the hub until recently. The pager has traditionally just reconnected to the hub at frequent intervals to say "Hi, I'm here, and my pager is on." Persistent connections are a feature of the beta builds only, and are only turned on when you send or receive a pager message; they last for a little while and then drop.

I'm not sure we could have a universal "last synced" feature because different info is refreshed at different times. Nevertheless we could have a timestamp for the last hub contact, which would be something.

If there's something beyond this, where the pager stays out of contact with the hub for a much longer period, it's not something I've ever been able to confirm. If you're aware of a way to reproduce this issue it would be helpful.
Has this been happening recently? We had some issues with the pager a few days ago but things seem to be stable now.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Has this been happening recently? We had some issues with the pager a few days ago but things seem to be stable now.

I can confirm that I've been having issues with sending pages reliably. Some of them show up on the site, but not the pager, some show up on the pager, but not the site, some don't show up at all.
I just had this happen to me.
I received a page in the pager, I replied to it. The reply did not appear on the website. Assumingly, it didn't send at all.