Pokemon Race Against Time

by Aceraptor
Pokemon Race Against Time
Guess who's back :D
And I'm gonna need a staff that's going to be there for me.
Its not like you dont
I don't. Everyone disappeared with either school or work. I'm starting over. I'm gonna make something fresh.
Im ready to go ahead and be on this
~Blue
Give me the rest of the week to get some work done and it should be ready by Monday but no later than Tuesdsy.
il be waiting bro
~Blue
I got a good bit of work in today. Tomorrow I'm gonna focus on mapping the insides of the 8 new gyms.
Thats wassup
~Blue
Smiles when are you going to host this game i am curious on how it looks
I will host it in like 5 minutes.
Is my favorite byond game coming back?
I was hoping this game would fulfill my desire for a multiplayer Pokemon experience on Byond but it did not quite satisfy my expectations and fell short of being a great game.

The combat system leaves alot to be desired as the only move your Pokemon will ever be able to use is tackle which is used by making your Pokemon walk into another persons Pokemon, sounds exciting right? You heard correctly folks, no stat modifying moves, no status ailment moves and you can also kiss any other form of physical attack or special type attacks good-bye. I guess I should also note that Pokemon cannot hold items and there are no Pokemon abilities.

But by all means it's not all completely bad. Pokemon types still affect weaknesses and resistances (to what degree I do not know) so it is useful to acquire a variety of different Pokemon types which shouldn't be too much of a problem with the generous variety (I don't know the exact number available but I know it's a decent amount) of Pokemon there are to choose from in this game.

My two favorite things about the game:

1. The fact that YOU a regular normal player has the opportunity to become the gym leader! I know the concept has probably been around for a while but I found it to be a really charming aspect of the game.

2. The way you battle. The moment you send out a Pokemon your trainer freezes in place and you take control of your Pokemon's movements. I really liked this method as opposed to the turn based one that's found in the actual Pokemon games.

Overall the game has ALOT of potential (I cannot stress that enough) but I can't bring myself to score it anything higher than 5/10 in it's current state. If it jazzed up the entertainment value of battles (both watching and participating) by adding a variety of new moves then it would definitely be a solid 8 or maybe even a 9.
In response to Breaking_Bad
Breaking_Bad wrote:
I was hoping this game would fulfill my desire for a multiplayer Pokemon experience on Byond but it did not quite satisfy my expectations and fell short of being a great game.

The combat system leaves alot to be desired as the only move your Pokemon will ever be able to use is tackle which is used by making your Pokemon walk into another persons Pokemon, sounds exciting right? You heard correctly folks, no stat modifying moves, no status ailment moves and you can also kiss any other form of physical attack or special type attacks good-bye. I guess I should also note that Pokemon cannot hold items and there are no Pokemon abilities.

But by all means it's not all completely bad. Pokemon types still affect weaknesses and resistances (to what degree I do not know) so it is useful to acquire a variety of different Pokemon types which shouldn't be too much of a problem with the generous variety (I don't know the exact number available but I know it's a decent amount) of Pokemon there are to choose from in this game.

My two favorite things about the game:

1. The fact that YOU a regular normal player has the opportunity to become the gym leader! I know the concept has probably been around for a while but I found it to be a really charming aspect of the game.

2. The way you battle. The moment you send out a Pokemon your trainer freezes in place and you take control of your Pokemon's movements. I really liked this method as opposed to the turn based one that's found in the actual Pokemon games.

Overall the game has ALOT of potential (I cannot stress that enough) but I can't bring myself to score it anything higher than 5/10 in it's current state. If it jazzed up the entertainment value of battles (both watching and participating) by adding a variety of new moves then it would definitely be a solid 8 or maybe even a 9.

I appreciate the feedback. I rarely get feedback like this. One thing that won't work well in this game would be adding attacks and such. But one thing I can work on adding is abilities for each Pokemon. Status problems such as poison, paralyzing, or burn may not work well. But I'd love to hear more feedback from you. You're feedback has given me encouragement to actually work on this more.
Will the game ever be up again? and if you are when
In response to BlastingX-
BlastingX- wrote:
Will the game ever be up again? and if you are when

Probably not if it did it'd be for like a day.
2nd of December 2017 and I see that a server is up :D

I'll never forget this game amongst many others.
Cara, eu adorava esse jogo, que nostalgia que ele me trás, queria ter a oportunidade de jogado novamente com meus amigos
Can I get the files for this game and host it? Would be fun to bring back.
Page: 1 2 3