ID:1244618

Keywords: ads, pager
With the new pager setup, I think a more elegant solution to hiding ads would be to move the "Hide ads" link up one row, next to the Location and Status buttons. When clicked, it would change to "Show ads" or "Display ads."

This way BYOND Members can hide ads, but when a chivalrous fit comes upon them it's a simple click of the mouse to re-enable the buggers. After all, you want to encourage ad-viewing, and tucking away the only "show" mechanism into the Settings dialog is a good way to discourage me from re-enabling it ever.
It would be nice if BYOND members weren't delayed with the "thanks for being a member" message when ads are turned off.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
It would be nice if BYOND members weren't delayed with the "thanks for being a member" message when ads are turned off.

It would be nice if it wasn't that big window and just a small one like the normal pager.
The "thanks for being a member" isn't a delay-- it's in place of the old splash screen which shows up when loading is necessary. I guess we could see about disabling it when there is nothing to load.
It'd be nice to be able to specify our own splash screen image to overlap the login screen. Set the BYOND loading screen to... Say... 15 seconds, then basically allow the interface to override a window named "loading" or something, then force that to load in a first priority.