ID:1250063

Keywords: backgrounds, white
(See the best response by Super Saiyan X.)
Code:

Problem description:
Hey

I am copying icons from an png to into byond and getting white backgrounds where there should be clear ones.

Any workaround for this issue.
Best response
Delete the white. Or copy and paste from an application that respects transparency; such as GIMP or Paint.NET, something.
I am copying and pasting from paint.Net
When I import it, its works fine, however when i paste it i get a white background
Why not just delete the white, or whatever you set the background to be?

You can delete entire colors from the palette in DM. (Colors -> Edit -> Click on a color and press Delete on your keyboard)

So, like...set the background on Paint.Net to some obscure color you don't use, and then delete it after pasting it in.
Byond doesn't like pasting transparencies, you're going to have do: A. redo any transparency you might have in the icon or B. if the only thing "transparent" is the background then who cares? Just remove the white?
Ah man, that is going to be really annoying, I have a lot of shadow work that is transparent and transparent effect work (animations).

I tried just deleting the white background but it doesnt work so well. I think i will need to import all of these icons -.-

Is there anyway to import from the clip board?
You might be-able to if you open the png using byond. That is, putting the png in the _src and opening it as if it were a dmi(icon) file.