ID:1259605

BYOND Version:499.1183
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 26.0.1410.64
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
The font size in browsers used in Dream Seeker is now much larger for the exact same HTML being used as when it displayed fine. I did not notice this until I upgraded to 499.1183 this morning, and I have not experienced this with any previous version.

Edit: To extend my original bug report, I have noticed that an entirely different font is being used than the default from before. This happens to two games which use the browser that I have the code to, and the only change I have made is upgrading BYOND.
Dream Seeker uses IE for the browser so I wonder if your IE zoom settings got changed? Although if you keep 498 and 499 both installed and toggle between them, things should look the same.
Thanks for the responses. :)

I was talking about about the IE-based browser control. I can not imagine my IE zoom setting getting changed, since I only use it from BYOND and at no other times. Without even looking at the zoom setting and switching back to 498, the browser displays everything in both games as before just fine. Switching back to the beta, it becomes odd again.

Edit: Actually, the IE zoom should have nothing to do with what I am experiencing. The default font of the Dream Seeker browser in 498 is Times New Roman 12pt. In the 499 beta, the browser uses the Arial font by default for the exact same games (I'm not certain about size, but I'll assume 12pt as well).

Further edit: Again, this only happens in 1183 of the beta. Everything was just fine in 499.1182.
I just tested a very simple output("test","browser") and it worked as expected. Can you make a simple code example that causes the problem for you?

It did occur to me that we actually did make a lot of changes to the browser for the new pager support, but I wouldn't think it would mess up the font like this.
I took screenshots to show what I am talking about, taken from a fresh environment.

What I get in any version before 499.1183, and what I expect:

What I really get in 499.1183:

Edit: The code I used is:
mob/Login()
..()
src << browse("Here's a good example to show what I mean. Sorry for not including this before, Tom.")

Perhaps is the browse() proc outdated or something?

Further edit: Just tried using the output() proc like you did. Same thing occurs for me.
I'm curious about which IE version you have installed.

We're overriding browser settings two different ways. Reportedly, IE9 can only use one of them because of a bug, which forces it to only use our overrides but leaves all your other settings intact. Otherwise we have a different method, which overrides the settings we want but uses stock settings for everything else. I don't know if IE10 fixed that bug, so I'm not sure if it's the method that falls back on stock settings (this is what I think we would prefer anyway).

What I'm wondering is what your IE's default font setting is. Whatever it is, that's what the browser is most likely falling back on. If that's the case, one thing we can try is always going with the more flexible (but to my mind not as good) method and see if that fixes things. If you can get us some info on your IE's version and settings though, that would help.
I have IE10 installed, and I believe I've had it for quite awhile now. The preset font for webpages is set to Times New Roman, and the plain text font (whether or not you may possibly need that) is set to Courier New. I've confirmed that the zoom setting has not been changed. Is there anything else specific you'd like me to check on for you?
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
Note for future reference: I've followed up with TheLionsRoar and the computer that was having this issue is no longer functional. It has not been observed on a different machine.