Byondo
Ok, looks like your username was added now.
Keep in mind, I'm having no trouble compiling this problem and haven't since I disabled 'show all nodes' (we tried this with FIREking already though). It's gotta be something with certain systems and how they're setup.

Takes me about 15-20 seconds to compile the first time, but about 5-7 subsequent times.
I followed the steps and it actually worked for me, although the map took a while to load. Obviously our system isn't optimized for large maps due to the way we store and check node paths. I'll try a few more tests to see if I can get it stuck in the debugger.
I have not gotten a crash but I did find one thing in our hash table usage that I was able to improve in my tests. The object tree and map now load quite a bit more quickly for me.
I just got to thinking... would it have anything to do with screen resolution? Mine is HUGE.

http://i.imgur.com/l3RzDux.png
I don't think so as it's mostly updating on the data-level and not the screen-level. The change I made might help-- some loads were taking a really long time and that can lead to issues. The change I made should speed that up. We'll have it out shortly for you to try.
This was happening earlier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9VqL5ZHLcs which was before I could update SVN, then I updated SVN and it stopped happening. I'm not sure what's getting stuck for me and causing these crashes.
Try the version I just released to see if it changes anything for you.
I think you fixed it, early celebration. It works better already. I'm still skeptical so I will report back after a while of messing about.
One thing I noticed, it doesn't always respect the "show all nodes" setting. Sometimes it can be checked, but not all nodes are showing.
Now this is happening: http://i.imgur.com/BuKFI7b.png

Basically, I think it runs out of memory or something, and it starts to report wonky stuff, like it thinks every negative number "is not a number" and other various errors. Its hard to reproduce, it normally happens after, I've been programming for a while and I've ran the game a few times and compiled a few times.

Edit: It happens if I compile and get a warning, then remove the line in question and compile again.

Just thought of another idea... I keep the project on a network drive. Would that have anything to do with crashing upon not getting a file fast enough or something?
I'm also noticing the crashes occurring during the compiling of "loading interface.dmf" or perhaps the next step which isn't mentioned due to the crash.
Had a crash today when deleting an icon from the file tree. It was the only icon in that directory.

[Edit] Had another crash with the same (small) project. This time it wiped out my dme file and removed all the #include's.

[Edit 2] Crashed again. I renamed an icon, renamed a tile, then compiled. I received two errors about the renamed icon only being found in the rsc and a reference to the renamed tile being an unidentified type path. I clicked warning about the type path which should have tabbed me over from the renamed icon to a code file, but instead DM crashed. I had at least 11 tabs open which took up the full width of the window.

This time it did not wipe out my dme.

[Edit 3] Crashed again when I renamed a dm file. My dme got wiped out and all dm files are no longer marked as included.

Before the crash I got a weird "Unable to [some weird character]" error popup.
Page: 1 2