ID:1265651

Resolved
Depending on the user's installed IE version, the pager failed to gracefully fallback on limited hub-only behavior when the website was unavailable.
BYOND Version:499.1184
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 21.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Although this is obvious, I don't think it makes much sense to not allow users to log in if they can't connect to the website. Currently, the pager will stop at the "loading live games from the BYOND hub.." page.

In the past, it was possible for a user to log into the pager without having a stable/available connection.

I tested and was able to get in with the website inaccessible. Exactly how were you trying this?
I've always had issues with the BYOND pager on school computers; its mostly them blocking the the ports needed I think, not the website. My University doesn't block the BYOND website, but on the public school computers I can't connect to the pager.
If I use the Science/Tech lab computers, I can connect fine, those have less restrictions.
Tom changed status to 'Verified'
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Depending on the user's installed IE version, the pager failed to gracefully fallback on limited hub-only behavior when the website was unavailable.