ID:1265688

In hopes of trying to bring some unity, attract some new pixel artists & programmers, and help with establishing groups. I was wondering if newbies and programmer/pixel artist would be willing to start up a Saturday workshop type of event.

The idea behind it would be that every Saturday we could meet in a skype room to go over different things. We could one weekend discuss pixel art, another weekend discuss programming or have seperate rooms for different things, and then the things made in said workshop could be posts on the byond forumns to display what that person has learned or is capable of.

Current List of Participants:

Programmers:
Galactic Soldier
Shakato
Blasterblader209
Akando5959
Kumorii
Vexxen
Fushimi
SillyChild
Dami
Mr.Wayne
Dami
Solomn Architect
Kozuma3
Albro1
Martys1103
Mikey Reborn
TheDarkChakra
Cloud Magic
RedSnowy
Astrlix

Pixel Art:
Vexxen
Akando5959
Neo Berserker
Dami
Southend_boi
Mikey Reborn
RedSnowy
Astrlix
SeymourG

Next Scheduled Meeting:
05/25/2013

Next Discussion Topic || Questions:

Undecided at this time.
I'm new to programming and would definitely love this kind of thing. I'd attend.
i would like this kind of thing.
Three so far, if we could get say 4-5 we could get something going tonight.
I'm interested.
Awesome well how shall we set up this shindig, should we use skype or you guys have a different method that you want to use?
I'd be interested, although my internet connection would cause for a couple seconds of lag on my part.
Count me in.
Send me a page through Byond with your skype name and I'll get ya added so we can start up a chat.
I could assist as long as its via text
This is not meant to be a FAQ type of thing, it would be more of a group of like minded individuals getting together and discussing different topics in regards to the game making process. Such as what many great philosphers have done in the past. They sat around for hours just discussing different things, even the correct timeframe for baths.
Well here are my topic ideas for next Saturday:

1) When does shadeing become to much?

2) Overriding Procs

3) Understanding differences between Lists and Associtive
Lists

4) How to pick your pallet properly.
Those are great points to my topics Soldier, but I wasn't looking for answer per say. They are topics for discussion. Not in the means of Hey here is the answer, but rather in here are ideas to why, how, or when to use. It could very well turn into managing, starting, or even expanding developer groups. However, we would need more people for that. I understand that you have the answers, but you just gave the answer... This is more of why we have that answer, so in theory you are the one promoting laziness by "giving them a fish" where as the group is meant to "teach them to fish" for lack of better terms.
You are thinking of this "Workshop" in the wrong way. Think of it more as a think tank than a F.A.Q session. You are correct the answers are out there for people to locate themselves. However, it is always good to have a group of like minded indivduals that have the same interest or goals in mind to bounce ideas or thought processes off of so that we can come to the most benefical one. Programming and pixel art is the easy part, it is obtaining the correct thought process that is difficult.

Shane did u block me -.-
Oh and a thought I got because of Soldier. Please reply here with all things you are focused on such as Programming, pixel art, AI, etc.... So that I can group people accordingly. I figured this would help with allowing people easier access to seeing people they could recruit to their dev group, and also for the best possible feedback.
Possible Topic for pixel art Discussion:

What is difference between ripping an art piece and recreating in own art form?
Add me shane: DontDreamLiveG and join the group :D
I like this idea as well, having a "teacher" and other students to chat with is a great idea. Count me in.
Dami what part are you focusing on?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5