I moreso want to learn the programming, but I am incredibly interested in the pixel art as well. I've done a little bit for a few games here and there, but only small things, so I'd be interested in both parts.
Dami page me your Skype and I'll get you added.
May as well throw my name into the programming bucket. Having several experienced programmers in the room would definitely help keep the workshop on course and make sure that everyone is actually learning something. Who else is an experienced programmer?
My skype is symphony_octavia.
Awesome, glad to have you aboard we can always use the experience.

You make the third or possibly 4th one I have seen code for that is pretty advanced.
I can't say I'll always be readily available, but if you are having one of these and I'm online feel free to invite me. If I am actually at my computer and interested in helping I will. My Skype is facebook:cka12895

If you can't guess, I'll be a helper in the programming portion.
Ive been teaching people the DM basics for a while now and feel pretty savvy with it all, I would love to help new developers learn, Byond could use more ideas and games and the best way to do that is to get new developers.

Email me sometime at: [email protected]

Fair Winds,
Bloodocean7.
I think I'd be more for demonstrating higher level programming concepts themselves rather than the DM language itself.
Well not all developers will benefit from higher level programming, they need the basic building blocks of DM before they can get there and if no one is willing to break that down for them then they will give up and never learn.

You always need various levels of teaching for various levels of student skills.

If you would rather teach advanced students, Go for it! however not every one has that level of skill to benefit from that alone.

either way I hope to be able to help out the community along side other great programmers :)

Thank you guys and gals for the support. Seems we got loys of people at this point, but we need to work on some ideas for our official meetings on Saturday nights so throw out some topics that may be confusing you, could be handled better, or even artistic concepts that artwork could be done about.
High-level programming concepts will go much farther with a developer than lower-level, language specific details. The language syntax isn't hard to grasp, what I want to teach are methods of doing general tasks and especially writing modular code.
Then by all means you do that. :)

I am not saying don't, but to also have introduction courses into DM would be helpful as well.

The wider the range of available knowledge the better and even I have found it good to go over the basics every now and again and brush up. If you don't agree, then don't bother with teaching it, But I have my way of thinking and you have yours and though they may differ, both are useful to aspiring developers.
Topic: "Coding" is not a verb
@Vrocaan

Thank you for pointing that out. For some reason I feel like anyone who calls it "coding" instead of programming is inexperienced and still very much a noob. But that's just my stereotype.

@Bloodocean7

Yeah, I don't really deal with novices too well. When I teach people, I expect them to at least have a basic knowledge of the tools they're working with, which includes the programming language. My philosophy is, "If you don't understand the tools your using, how can you ever hope to use them to their full potential?"
@solomn architect

Exactly my point if new developers don't properly learn to understand the tools they are using how will they use advanced applications of said tools?

Learning To Walk before you run so to speak.

But to have a teacher that teaches the basics and one too teach the advanced ideas would be wonderful and would draw more developers to our community which means more members and more games.

Overall good for byond :)
I agree. It'll let the teachers focus on their area of expertise and teach it with 100% effort.
Wow.... chillax guys, everybody has their strength and weaknesses. However, if we pull together as a group we all can help each other.
Chillax? We're pretty chillaxed, as is.
ill join my skype is static781
yeah sounds coo
Looks like fun. Count me in the programmers' bucket.
My Skype is martys.n
Page: 1 2 3 4 5