ID:1265702

just wanna say thanks for the reference built into dream maker, it's really helped me alot to get to grips with the code despite some people calling it out dated when it's obv not
The DM Guide is outdated. The Reference is not at all.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
The DM Guide is outdated. The Reference is not at all.

The sound entry needs to be updated to say 1024 channels instead of 8. Forget exactly which entry, but its wrong.
In response to FIREking
I mean, you can submit bug reports for the Reference's outdatedness. You can't really do that for the Guide. The Reference actually gets updated with every new feature, like interfaces, map formats, pixel movement.
the one built into DM has been like a sensei to me
In response to FIREking
And there's a few chunks of information on procs and their uses sprinkled through-out the reference. I'll start making a list as I notice them again, as I can't remember exactly which ones. Then I'll take Kaiochao's advice and make a Bug Report for it, to help people like Bumblemore more so.
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
And there's a few chunks of information on procs and their uses sprinkled through-out the reference. I'll start making a list as I notice them again, as I can't remember exactly which ones. Then I'll take Kaiochao's advice and make a Bug Report for it, to help people like Bumblemore more so.

I think when we had the 'new' version of the reference, where users (probably only mods) could submit comments to add extra documentation to the pages. The pages that existed are bugged though...I guess such information and notes could be added to the Red Book