ID:1267221

BYOND Version:498
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 20.0
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

I'm currently without internet at home, but I'm using my router as a switch to host and test games "remotely". Often when the BYOND splash screen appears (I haven't disabled ads, despite being a member), I get spammed with popup fault messages, presumably because the sites in question are inaccessible.

This occurs between 1/3-1/2 of the times that I try to join the game. The game usually loads, despite the error spam.

When does the problem NOT occur?

This didn't occur before I lost internet access at home.
Can you describe those messages in more detail for me? (Also, please be sure to edit your bug report to include the correct version. It's important we always know the full major and minor build number with any beta bug, and this obviously isn't 498.) I'm trying to reproduce this right now by forcing the browser into offline mode but I'm not seeing anything so far. I'm curious what these popups say, because that would help me narrow down where to look.
I updated to the latest version of the beta earlier today, along with a number of other updates for things that were outdated (Adobe, antivirus, Windows, etc.). As of now, I'm unable to reproduce this problem even when I unplug my router. (I had to post this at a location other than at home, so I didn't have the full information with me.) The error was a segmentation fault at line 47XX as I recall, but I haven't seen it since I restored service. I will test again later after rebooting.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'