Sup Perfection. :P

Yeah, I used to have various source codes to Dragonball Zeta V47 (along with others). However, they have vanished through past reformatting/hard drive failures. Personally, I never used them since I like developing my own code. Though I can't build anymore DBZ games (since the C&D order), I have been thinking about building games with a similar concept.
Good Luck Tom and Lummox.

You guys definitely have been working hard and I hope this new release will help!
Mohosh,
A game with a similar concept and battle system would be nice.
I used to have the source also, and it also vanished =/

On Topic: I was wondering what that BEEP on my laptop was! Jajajaja Pager notifies message board replies o.O
Was totally clueless to that...
I tried to send a message to one of my friends Arkadias but when i clicked on it to send a message it said at the bottom of the pager become a byond member today to send messages
Raging at unfair admins1 wrote:
I tried to send a message to one of my friends Arkadias but when i clicked on it to send a message it said at the bottom of the pager become a byond member today to send messages

Does Arkadias have you as a friend?
... nice
yes arkadias has me as a friend were like brothers
and i still cant messagew him nor anybody else on my friends list it says i have to be a member

Looks like there's still a lot of people who can't figure out how to use the new pager.
It's quite understandable that the byond creators of course has to profit form this to ensure the site will stay up, and financially wise struggling and running a website is infact a heavy burden but fun at the end of the day we can all agree, BUT alot of my friends have deleted byond never to return due to the whole aspect of having to be a member to wright each other messages and have infact turned away from it and only chat on facebook now and they even quit playing byonds games, I just ask that if financial things get better can we have our free messaging back, nothing more.....

Like FIREking said, this has not changed at all. You can message people who have added you as a friend, or who have recently sent you a message.

That said, we have thought about opening the pager for all again. To be honest, the main reason we elected not to do this at this time isn't so much the Member perk but the increase in spam. While we have better spam protection in place for pages, the best measure in place is making it pay-per.

This would be a lot easier (as well as beneficial for us) if people would just kick us back a little money and become Members once in a while. We have people who've been using the software for years and haven't contributed a cent, which is a bit disappointing.
When I become a well known / regarded designer I will make sure to cut BYOND a check in the 1000s. Though I know you read that a lot.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
This would be a lot easier (as well as beneficial for us) if people would just kick us back a little money and become Members once in a while. We have people who've been using the software for years and haven't contributed a cent, which is a bit disappointing.

I hate that.

Sometimes when I try to page certain of my friends it just crashes. You should look up on that.
I agree with Tom. If anything the people who bought memberships should get that pager and the ones without it should stay with the old one. Oh well. That's me. Even if you guys didn't give BYOND a cent they still made a new pager for enjoyable shit. How hard is it to buy a membership? (Not including the: 8-14) year olds.
In response to Call.Me.Kyuya
Call.Me.Kyuya wrote:
Sometimes when I try to page certain of my friends it just crashes. You should look up on that.

Please post as much info as you have (including the subversion #, eg 1188) to the Beta Bugs forum.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
It's quite understandable that the byond creators of course has to profit form this to ensure the site will stay up, and financially wise struggling and running a website is infact a heavy burden but fun at the end of the day we can all agree, BUT alot of my friends have deleted byond never to return due to the whole aspect of having to be a member to wright each other messages and have infact turned away from it and only chat on facebook now and they even quit playing byonds games, I just ask that if financial things get better can we have our free messaging back, nothing more.....

Like FIREking said, this has not changed at all. You can message people who have added you as a friend, or who have recently sent you a message.

That said, we have thought about opening the pager for all again. To be honest, the main reason we elected not to do this at this time isn't so much the Member perk but the increase in spam. While we have better spam protection in place for pages, the best measure in place is making it pay-per.

I can't message my friends at all. This is the screen that comes up. I just downloaded the update today after having to do so in order to message some BYOND friends.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Are you sure they have friended you? In the left hand panel, select "Show:" and set that to "Show: Fans". You should be able to message everyone in that list. Note: ffline fans don't show up.
Yeah we are friends. I've sent him messages before the update numerous times. It was like that towards everyone on my friends list. I also found out after I posted on this topic before, that I was able to message people after they had messaged me, but it was only towards the person who messaged me. It seems to have fixed itself though when I logged off and then logged back on some time later.
Tom, I think it would be a great if you added a banner ad to the pager itself, you could make money like that to, since I know a lot of people log on to BYOND pager but don't play games. Might I also suggest, increasing two year membership to 40.00$ and five year to 75.00$. The drop is to significant for a five year membership, it is 12.00$ a year membership if you buy it that way, a 50% decrease from buying a year. This will help people with OCD like me and increase your profit margins.
In response to VongolaXEspada
VongolaXEspada wrote:
Tom, I think it would be a great if you added a banner ad to the pager itself, you could make money like that to, since I know a lot of people log on to BYOND pager but don't play games. Might I also suggest, increasing two year membership to 40.00$ and five year to 75.00$. The drop is to significant for a five year membership, it is 12.00$ a year membership if you buy it that way, a 50% decrease from buying a year. This will help people with OCD like me and increase your profit margins.

We had banner ads on the pager through a good portion of beta testing - Tom said they brought in little money, so he removed them for now.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10