In response to Narutogokuichigo4
Narutogokuichigo4 wrote:
Just remove the ads to fix the problem No point in having a non working game because of ads

You should realize that if this ad system doesn't work, BYOND is shutting down. All BYOND games will go offline, and be unavailable. There will be no master server, no key server, etc.
I've just made a live change that should allow anything broken to "time out" and get through to a game. If anyone has been experiencing problems, please let me know if this continues to occur. The next software release will do something similar.

I've been talking to people with ad issues and the main questions I've been asking them are:

1) What exact sequence of events do you see when launching a game? E.g., what does it say and when?

2) Does an ad play at all, ever? What text does it show or what does the background look like when it does?

3) Is there text appearing after the ad finishes, and then a blank screen, or does it go right to a blank screen?

4) One user mentioned that clicking "Become a BYOND Member to remove ads" would show text after the ad and allow him to click Continue, as a workaround. If you still experience issues, does this workaround work for you?

5) Are you running any antivirus software that might be kicking up a stink here? Do its logs show anything?

Thanks to all for their help in diagnosing the issue.
1) The exact sequence of events:
A) I click Replay or Join.
B) A black window with BYOND logo appears with "Connecting" text at the bottom.
C) It then moves to a completely black window with "Hide ads" text at the top left corner for 1-2 seconds.
D) Eventually it gets stuck on a black window with just BYOND logo and "Your game will start shortly".

2) No ad played, it showed a black window with the option of hiding ads.

3) Right after the ad is supposed to finish, it goes to the window with byond logo.

4) I'm a BYOND member, while I don't see that text, enabling "Hide ads if you are a BYOND member." option does solve this issue.

5) I have ESET Smart Security, nothing shows up in its logs, I also tried disabling it, problem still occured.

I'm in Israel - not sure if it has anything to do with the ad networks.
Hello guys! Did you find a solution to this problem? Thank you!
Can go togame once with ad then when i go to game again ad comes game doesnt come up althought if something that the game has that pops up when u play is the only thing that pops up but not the actual agme itself.
I seriously thinking about just revertung back to old pager at least games actually WORKED
well i suppose its beta for a reason but now i regret updating because now i cant play a single thing
In response to Narutogokuichigo4
We get the point, can you stop posting now..
Hello everyone! I found a solution to this problem. When you start a game, you click on the ad BEFORE I'S GONE then you will see a lot of others windows appear and in the window of the game you will see "continue" appear. You click on "continue" and your game will start. At last you just have to close the others windows. I hope it's going to work for you too. Thank you
Thanks everyone who has responded with information on this issue so far. I believe this should be finally cleared up. (Narutogokuichigo4's issue appears to be unrelated.) What I'd like to ask everyone to do is to update to the newest build, as there have been some users still using 499.1186 or earlier.

Beyond that, we have identified a caching issue with the splash page that was causing problems for a number of users. Now that the caching has been dealt with, a lot of ad issues should resolve themselves even on older versions.

If anyone still has issues with ads, please let us know here. We'll need to know the exact version number you're using, and anything at all you can tell us about the splash screen--what it says, if it changes and how, if an ad plays, etc. However I believe most of the problems should be sorted as of now if you're on a newer build.
BYOND version: 499.1189

The issue seems to have been resolved, it will always start the game for me, it usually play ads however, sometimes an ad isn't played and it moves me to that black screen with "Your game will start shortly." the game starts a few seconds after, it does not get stuck anymore.
Stephen001 resolved issue
Page: 1 2