ID:1272555

Resolved
BYOND Version:499.1186
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 27.0.1453.93
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If a game is hosted with dream daemon and rebooted with dream daemon maptext is no longer visible in the same dream seeker window, the player must close dream seeker and re-join to see any maptext.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Have an object with maptext visible when you login.
2) Host the game with dream daemon.
3) Join the game and look at the maptext.
4) Reboot the server on dream daemon.
5) The maptext is gone!

Expected Results:
The maptext should stay.

Actual Results:
The maptext is gone. I have uploaded a very basic maptext program here.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
It did not occur in version 498

Workarounds:
Don't reboot your game.
I believe Tom made changes to maptext during one of the public beta builds of 499 (I think 499.1183 was the change); but he seems to have removed the download links for previous builds.

Edit:
This demo of yours does something weird for me; every time I reboot it (in Dream Seeker, not hosting via Dream Daemon) using the menu button in Options and Messages, it spams me with .winset errors - unreproducible in other projects.

But, the initial bug reported is reproducible in the demo, and in other projects. Not just by rebooting in Dream Daemon, but in Dream Seeker's reboot AND reconnect.
Tom resolved issue
I also get the winset error, with any project that does a maptext output(?) when the player logs in. However, this error only occurs in games that don't use a custom interface. Is it worth posting a new bug report since I can't test it in the newest version of BYOND (499.1187)?
In response to Nailez
Nailez wrote:
I also get the winset error, with any project that does a maptext output(?) when the player logs in. However, this error only occurs in games that don't use a custom interface. Is it worth posting a new bug report since I can't test it in the newest version of BYOND (499.1187)?

Yes.