ID:1275251

Resolved
BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 27.0.1453.94
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: I'm trying to join Pryce High, but all that is happening is the MOTD appears, but not the actual game, the game was just working for me like an hour ago, and all that appears for me is the damn MOTD when I join, not the actual game itself.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Join Pryce High

Expected Results:
For the game to actually appear, not just an MOTD.
Actual Results:
MOTD appears instead of the game.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? It worked like an hour ago, now every time I join it just the MOTD appears, I tried restarting BYOND
In other games?Nope
In other user accounts? Not sure
On other computers? Not sure

When does the problem NOT occur?
An hour ago and before that
Nvm, an admin told me it's due to the new pager, so I need to install an older version, ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, such a hassle.
Something with the new pager, is only letting the MOTD to show up.
This same server was working earlier, but I restarted my computer and now it doesn't work, and it works perfectly fine on 498, I've playing it on that now.

I'm still confused by what the admin means, the new pager is doing this, because it was just working, the same exact server and I haven't had any issues with the game from 499 until now.
The admin said it's not everyone with 499 experiencing this problem while joining the game, it is only some.
Now it seems to work, even though it took me almost 20 tries earlier and i restarted about 3 times, all that would show up was the MOTD.
I believe this may have been identical to the saved.txt issue. I'm going to close this as resolved for now rather than attach threads together; in 499.1189 you should have no more problems with this.
Lummox JR resolved issue