R_Controller

by Rockinawsome
Use XBOX 360 controllers in your game.
ID:127604

R_Controller imports the XInput functionality of directX to allow for XBOX 360 controllers to be used for any player in a world.

*Note: When I designed this I expected that BYOND would automatically download the dll. But upon testing and discussion in the forum, it has come to my attention that this is not the case. This means that for the moment this library will work with single player games only.

Please use the new automated system to purchase a lifetime subscription for only 5 US dollars.

NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE!

Questions? Visit my member's page and drop me a message on my latest post, or hit me up via the BYOND pager!

Note: As of BYOND version 431.1006, you will have to manually copy the R_Controller.dll into the game's base directory.

The hope is that more types of controllers (joysticks, gamepads, etc) could eventually be added to the same dll.

I'll expose the source code to the dll to a high ranking BYOND member, but I'd like to protect my trade secrets.
Source code will hopefully be available for the dll provided soon. (If I can find it.)

If you experience strange things with your XBOX controller, you may wish to ensure that the proper drivers are installed, as well as any Microsoft updates related to XBOX 360 controllers. Making sure you have an up to date version of direct X couldn't hurt anything either.

If your player pulls to one direction (if say, you have a cheap Mad Catz controller like me), then you will have to calibrate the controller via your control panel. In Vista it's Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Game Controllers -> Properties -> Settings -> Calibrate.

Please visit STSS for a working demo!