Problem with $1 - $2 membership is if they use paypal .. BYOND won't get much out of the transaction... forcing credit card usage won't help either .. kids don't have such cards..
I guarantee ads like this would draw people in.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Was I the only one expecting this.. from this guy?
Ask Falacy to help, I've spent well over $120.00 USD, on DBZ Heros United. He has other games but that one I am 100% sure that it brings in over 85% of his profits. I know he and BYOND had issues but now isn't the time for that. The man knows his stuff.
Does Falacy even like Tom? lol everytime those two are talking in the same thread its usually a heated argument
EmpirezTeam wrote:

In response to Super Saiyan X

Spread the word, guys.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:

Spread the word, guys.

We need a KFC Version & a Starbucks Version
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

That sharing an was too subtle, I would most probably click that ad.. Itsatrap

I'll get on making some more ads and such, but for the OP. In theory the "BYOND Store" seems like a great idea! But in practice it made BYOND a whole lot of nothing.
Really dont understand why byond isn't/doesn't/didn't try to use kick starter.
In response to LILMESSI18
LILMESSI18 wrote:
Really dont understand why byond isn't/doesn't/didn't try to use kick starter.

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=863064&hl=kickstarter

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=893467&hl=kickstarter

Here's the other posts about a byond kickstarter.
All im saying is it don't take that much to put together a presentation and put it up if it doesn't get anywhere then no biggy. ive seen plenty of stupid things get backed.

I know tons of people who have tried mutiple times for the same project and ended up getting it backed.
Yeah it doesn't take much at all. Creating videos, artwork for the info section, thinking of milestone goals and reward tiers, as well as answering questions for all the people in the comment section all while trying to pump out new updates for the BYOND engine is nowhere near time consuming. Tom should just move out of the way and let you take over.
@A2J2Tiwari:

We're not interested is not the answer he meant, in my opinion. He probably meant - Pixel Artist are not interested. - I remember, once, Yut Put said that "a reliable pixel artist is not reliable". I totally agree with that. Wanna make a game? Become a pixel artist...
I am loving the feedback on this and love the ads ;)

I agree we need more original games on the site that pull in more members, however I feel we also need better search engine optimization so people find the games to begin with.

I also agree that, even in my experiace you can't rely on a pixel artist to work for you or anyone for that matter and a project has to be done yourself to be done right, how many games have died off because of a team falling out?

I am looking forward to see what you all have in store for byond and hope byond comes out with more ways for not only byond to make money but the developers as well, because if we make money from byond we would be even more able to build better games in the long run.

Keep the ideas flowing and lets take action!
Bloodocean7
In response to Bloodocean7
Keep the ideas flowing and lets take action!

Don't worry. I'm starting..
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Yeah it doesn't take much at all. Creating videos, artwork for the info section, thinking of milestone goals and reward tiers, as well as answering questions for all the people in the comment section all while trying to pump out new updates for the BYOND engine is nowhere near time consuming. Tom should just move out of the way and let you take over.

Pretty sure they already have business plans since Tom said he's tried getting investors before.
If byond had a store where people could put their games art onto key chains and shirts etc. It would be a excellent member perk and byond would sell more memberships. Even if byond doesn't sell much merchandise they would get more members by having such a perk.

In my opinion anyhow. :)
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12