ID:1278507

BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 27.0.1453.94
Applies to:BYOND Pager

A member of our crack team of bug testers has verified that this issue is reproducible, and has handed it off to the development team for investigation.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I was logged in on Final Resurrection: Redemption about 2 hours prior to discovering the problem. I was on my current key (Darksponge911), tried to log in, and all it does is pop up the loading window, saying Thanks for being a BYOND member. I've tried logging into other games on the same key, with the same result. Logged in on an alternate key, both games, and was successful.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Logged in on Darksponge911 (Has a BYOND membership)
Clicked join on Final Resurrection: Redemption and Pokemon Z
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Being able to login on my member key.
Actual Results:
Was unsuccessful in logging in, just got a loading screen that says Thanks for being a BYOND member.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every Time
In other games? Every game I've tried
In other user accounts? Just the one.
On other computers? Unable to test.

When does the problem NOT occur?
As far as I am able to test, it occurs every time.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
It worked in the same version of the pager that is downloadable to the public currently, not 2 hours ago, no updates.
Workarounds:
I've tried deleting my BYOND cache, closing/restarting the Pager, deleting the keys from my history.
To be clear, which version of 499 are you running? If you aren't using the latest-- 1188 as of this post-- please update to that and retest. as there are some recent fixes that might be in play here.
I'm on 1185. To update, just re-download it? Still kinda getting used to the new pager.
Yeah, just redownload and run the installer again and it will overwrite. We'll put this on the hub's normal update system once we're confident it's 100% stable. Hopefully 1188 fixes your issue, but let us know either way.
Alright. I updated, and it's still doing the same thing. I let it sit for about a minute, closed it, and tried to login with another key, and was still successful.
So when you login with your Member key, the "thanks" page just stays up and never disappears, and the game client doesn't launch? And when you login with your nonmember key, do you get an ad followed by the game client?
Yeah. On the non member, it shows whatever ad it selects, finishes, and loads the client. My member key just says "Thanks" and never goes away, doesn't load music, either.
In your task manager, is dreamseeker.exe running in the background in these cases? I'm curious if it is trying to launch and just not displaying, or if it's getting stuck pre-launch.

You may want to look at ID:1275807 which could be related, as there is a suggested "fix". We'll try to get to the bottom of this tomorrow.
After reading through the link you provided, it took about 30 seconds, but it did finally load games on my key. Thank you for your help, and good job on the new pager features/looks.
However, upon relogging, it still takes about 30 seconds each time I log in. Not sure if it's related or not
Yeah, that's not right.. if the game resources are loaded, you should be able to get in instantly. So we'll figure that out.

What exactly did you do to get it to "sort of" work, anyway? That may give us a hint.
I followed the steps in deleting the skins and saved.txt. It allowed me to log back in on Final Resurrection: Redemption, haven't tested it on other games yet. On Pokemon Z, I haven't deleted anything, but it downloads the resources every time I connect, but still takes the 30 seconds. After I updated to 1188 is when I was able to reconnect, so maybe that's related?
If you are free sometime later today/tomorrow, you could schedule a chat with Lummox JR for him to debug this with you, since he's working on this problem.
Absolutely. Where can I do such a thing?
Just keep your pager on later today when you are around and I'm sure he'll get in touch with you.
Alright, sounds good. Thank you
I was experiencing this out of the blue earlier myself, going back to the previous stable (498) version resolved it right away.

Doing the saved.txt thing also fixed the latest beta's loading issue for me. I had a copy of saved.txt but I think I wiped it out cleaning my desktop up.
Clearing the saved.txt fixed it in a way, but I have about a 30 second delay on the client launch, with ads turned off. I even tried toggling the ads, to no avail.
The saved.txt issue is a separate problem that will be fixed in the next release, but I did a fix a little while ago where I noticed the behavior wasn't quite right on the splash screen. There appears to have also been a caching issue that could have caused people some trouble. If you try again now, do you still experience any issues?
Without updating, still the same problem. I'll update and try again.

Edit: After updating, still no change.
Page: 1 2