ID:1279651

I am going to donate $50.00 each month to BYOND for the rest of the year because I appreciate what I can do with the development tools, and without it, I'd be writing really boring stuff like packet protocols.

That said, I'd like to know who else is willing and able to make a commitment like this?

It's not much but combined, it all helps!
Once I get back from my UK trip, I'll try to pump some money into BYOND at the moment we are trying to save every penny so we can have a really really good time :D

Apart from that I don't expect many people to follow this idea.
I've donated a small amount, every little helps ^^
That's really generous! Please don't donate beyond your means though.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
That's really generous! Please don't donate BYOND your means though.

HAH!
Very thoughtful of you, FIREking.

I'm in debt to BYOND. I've made countless friends due it (one of which I've even met face to face) and have had the pleasure of releasing a game -- something I wouldn't have even considered if I didn't discover this place. I have learned a lot since joining and feel as if I've grown as a person due to this community's influence.

So I'll happily gift a membership to at least one person each month. I wish it could be more. I'm hoping that the not-so-secret project I'm working on will bring in more than I could manage alone once it's live.

Thank you BYOND!
I was just thinking about doing this, although more in the range of $10 a month. But then I couldn't figure out how to just donate so I extended my membership :D
^ Yes there's no clear way how to just donate.

You can add extra money when you purchase memberships though, and you can probably work out Byond paypal address from doing the paypal transaction as well and then just send money straight from your paypal.

Good job guys, I'm glad there's some generous people around to help out, I'll make sure I do my bit as well:)
Teka123 let me catch up >:(. Oh, Tom prepare thyself, I got another big paycheck. >:)
In response to Ripper man5
I am Teka and you are Ripper, Remove My 123's! we are friends now, Enough of the formalities you do not need to say my last name!

Okay Ripper-kun :)? I shall certain allow you some time to catch up, though in the long run you shall eventually reach your goal.
Oh Teka! Lots of love between us. I am very motivated to pass you, and I hope it helps BYOND. >:)
I'm really grateful for BYOND - it introduced me to programming back in 2005, and reinvigorated my interest in game development. I don't think I'd ever do this for a living, but it's certainly a fun hobby!

That said, I can't exactly make any commitments, but I guess buying myself a membership will have to do.
When my next paycheck rolls around, and so long as my situation enables me, I'll be renewing my membership. I'm graduating next Friday and then I'll be preparing for college, so I'm not really sure how my financial situation is going to look for the next while.
Today = First day of donation! $50.00 towards BYOND!

Cheers, Tom & Lummox JR
Thanks much! We'll have a donation link up momentarily that people can use for future contributions.
I'm currently having to save up for a new laptop because I have good reasons to believe my current one will be going out on me at some point that will hopefully be later than sooner, so I can't do much right now.

I will be extending my membership afterward, though, and likely adding at least an extra $5 on. It's not much, but it's a start, and I've got a list of projects lined up I want to gradually work through; so hopefully they'll help pull some more in, or at least let me donate more later on.

No promises there, of course, but I care too much about BYOND not to at least mention all of that. I've met some great people here, and I'm really glad to see everyone on this topic doing what they are doing to help! I hope I can join in more later on!
Go Toddab503! Even if its not much its still contributing to BYOND which is fantastic.
Notice how its only BYOND members donating or gifting memberships. Quite sad.
In response to King_LiOnZ
King_LiOnZ wrote:
Notice how its only BYOND members donating or gifting memberships. Quite sad.

If they are buying or gifting memberships, it's pretty obvious that they already have one.
In response to Writing A New One
Writing A New One wrote:
Very thoughtful of you, FIREking.

I'm in debt to BYOND. I've made countless friends due it and have had the pleasure of releasing a game -- something I wouldn't have even considered if I didn't discover this place. I have learned a lot since joining and feel as if I've grown as a person due to this community's influence.

So I'll happily gift a membership to at least one person each month. I wish it could be more.
Thank you BYOND!

I'd just like to ditto everything that WANO said there. I'd like to do the same, and for the same exact reasons.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8