Theres a 499.1191 out already, you can get it at: http://www.byond.com/download/
Yes, and that doesn't work.
In response to Ernesto5432
Ah gotcha! but the older 84 build does. Good to know.
If 1184 connects but 1185 does not, it's almost certainly a firewall on your system. The build does nothing differently in terms of connecting to the hub.

[edit]
Actually, it does one thing differently: It's a pre-release beta, so it connects to a different hub port.
Connecting to a different hub port ? What can I do about it then, considering my firewall is off so it can't be that, but I do have Norton Security Suite and Windows Defender in case that may interfere with something...
In response to Vgetacoku
Vgetacoku wrote:
Connecting to a different hub port ? What can I do about it then, considering my firewall is off so it can't be that, but I do have Norton Security Suite and Windows Defender in case that may interfere with something...

If you want to keep using the new pager, the 499.1184 seems to work for me, and I have the same issues as you. Here's a link to the download.
Ernesto, let's see if it's the hub-port. First run the latest BYOND. If you go into your byond/cfg folder there is a file called byond.txt. Change the hub-address2 value to 6101. Then it should be connecting similar to the 1184 version. That might give us a clue if it works.
Indeed, it works.
Ok, that's very illuminating. That hub runs on a different account, same machine. As far as I know it's running the same code, but we'll have to see. It would have less of a load, which could be an issue. Or, for whatever reason, your firewall accepts connections to that port but not 6001. Try changing to 20002 (another port we use on the primary machine) to see if that works. I would assume it won't, but if it does, that'd be another clue.
20002 is the one it was at originally.
Oh ok. Try 6001 then.
When I try to load it with 6001 the hub-address2 line deletes itself and doesn't connect. I placed the 20002 line back and it connected again, so I'm not sure if the last several times I was using the v499+ it was trying to connect with 6001 or 20002, but 20002 and 6101 seem to work.
Ernesto that link doesn't work for me. As in it says its invalid.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
I'm closing this report, since it applies to an older build and the issue with port selection should be resolved in newer versions, specifically 1194 and 1195.
Page: 1 2