There are a lot of Flash games that are on Android and iOS. I'm not sure if the Flash client will produce the added benefit of BYOND games running on mobile devices, but if there's an API to access gestures and input for mobile devices, advancing beyond the web and desktop will only be a step away for BYOND developers.
In response to Magnum2k
Magnum2k wrote:
There are a lot of Flash games that are on Android and iOS. I'm not sure if the Flash client will produce the added benefit of BYOND games running on mobile devices, but if there's an API to access gestures and input for mobile devices, advancing beyond the web and desktop will only be step away for BYOND developers.

Wow someone actually has something useful to say! I didn't know people on BYOND could say something useful in a thread like this rather than bashing a legitimate concern/idea.

Thank you, sir, for being a good part of the BYOND community, unlike majority here.
In response to Iobject
When people disagree with your idea, even without good reasons, doesn't make them any less useful to the community. After all, you did ask what we thought, and we told you. You just weren't happy with the majority opinion (which right now, is still no).

No offense but, this would be a waste of time for Dantom.

Most developers want the flash client, which already has a few years worth of work put into it anyway.
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
When people disagree with your idea, even without good reasons, doesn't make them any less useful to the community. After all, you did ask what we thought, and we told you. You just weren't happy with the majority opinion (which right now, is still no).

No offense but, this would be a waste of time for Dantom.

Most developers want the flash client, which already has a few years worth of work put into it anyway.

It makes the people saying no less useful when everyone else responds with, what seems to be, a copy/paste response of the last person.
In response to Iobject
Well, you started the discussion with a poll, which is an inquiry for multiple opinions. What did you expect? People to just vote without saying anything? Lol.
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
Well, you started the discussion with a poll, which is an inquiry for multiple opinions. What did you expect? People to just vote without saying anything? Lol.

I expected people to have possibly an alternate solution, or maybe a reason why it would be a bad idea, like certain first responders, rather than a flat-out copy/paste response.
People can't even Jailbreak the Vita yet and you expect BYOND on there? Lmfao
Bottom line is, people don't want to develop games on tiny devices.
In response to King_LiOnZ
King_LiOnZ wrote:
People can't even Jailbreak the Vita yet and you expect BYOND on there? Lmfao

What does jailbreak have to do with making an app? Play Station Mobile anyone?

Anyways, if you guys are going to flame, I will just unsubscribe with the topic and leave you guys to continue with the bashing of a dead horse.

FIREking wrote:
Bottom line is, people don't want to develop games on tiny devices.

Gamers would. It's different for someone already in the industry, while to a gamer it can be entertaining considering indie gamers are working hard to get PSV Dev Kits already.
In response to Iobject
No, I mean people don't want to actually type / read / edit code on tiny devices. You know, like without a keyboard.
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
No, I mean people don't want to actually type / read / edit code on tiny devices. You know, like without a keyboard.

Gamers would. Think of the 3DS app that looks a lot like RPG Maker with actual coding involved. People enjoyed that, why not a bigger screen for a keyboard?
In response to Iobject
RPG Maker is not programming, its making a game WITHOUT typing (very much) (save cracking it open and digging into Ruby).

DM isn't RPG Maker by any means, lots of typing involved.
Let's just settle on the fact that even if people want this, it's just not going to happen. We need to wait, make more games for the platform as it currently is, and hope things get turned around. However even then it's unlikely. I don't believe other major game development platforms like Unity or Game Maker have Vita apps, but I've been wrong before.
In response to FIREking
RPG Maker uses Ruby.
In response to SuperAntx
I know that. But his point is that "gamers want to make games on little devices like vita" and frankly, I'm just not buying it. Not even RPG Maker on Vita really makes sense.
We should make Byond a cellphone App
In response to TheDarkChakra
Even worse idea, in my opinion.
Page: 1 2