ID:1281010

For the workshop this will be the section designated for posting of the different art work made for purposes of critigueing and help improve.
I apologize, this is in regards to:

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1265688
For this week's theme, there, my spaceship.
Tried to kill some of the sloppy excessive banding.

Here is my attempt:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
^Color palette waaaaay tooo bright and basic(in the sense that it looks like you chose the color options they gave you in the beginning and just went with that.)
I decided to make this banner for the group.

Previous version

Edited version

Any C&C appreciated.
PD: Be as harsh as possible.
Looks good, the text could be cleaner, also dawns/sunsets usually have a sun. :D I like the little guy. Also signatures are a part of the image, you should take it's shape, size and color into consideration.
In response to Neo Berserker
Neo Berserker wrote:
I decided to make this banner for the group,

Any C&C appreciated.
PD: Be as harsh as possible.

1.The red hurts my eyes.
2.It'll be better, if the guy was raising his arms it shows the sign that he accomplished his goal to get ontop of the mountains.
3.The mountains look weird or is it only me? It looks pretty flat.
4.The shadow of the mountains look very different.
5.I don't like the font of the text and how its underlined and also how everything is capped.
In response to RedSnowy
RedSnowy wrote:
5.I don't like how everything is capped.

*uses a program called BYOND*
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
RedSnowy wrote:
5.I don't like how everything is capped.

*uses a program called BYOND*

-_- I mean't that font.
@Jittai, thanks for the suggestions, added a sun and edited the text to see how it goes.

@RedSnowy, Yeah i think the mountains need more polish, im probably leaving that for later if..,(this is my first time doing this kinda scenery btw xD). The shadows in the back are suppose to be more like mountains in the distant, unsure if i did that well, also i made the text, didn't use a font there, maybe that's why it doesn't look so good, anyway changed that in the edited version, thanks for the input.
Looks awesome.

Then only thing that seems off to me is the blue above the sun. How no light from the sun is shining in that direction. It just seems a bit odd to not have at least some of the sun color leaking into the blue of the sky seeing as that would be how a normal sun would effect the sky with the sun being that high in the air.

Edit:

I figured out what it is, the way the light is cascading around the sun and rolling down makes it appear as if it is not the sun, but rather a ball of something that is emitting some kind of colored fog as the light appears to rolling off of the sun and then settling down as if the lighted area is heavy and falling towards the ground like fog.
The sun should be level with the horizon maybe?
Okay so i tried to improve it.

Alright, using some refference i remade the sun.
Newer version up there.
In response to Neo Berserker
I like it. Lots of improvement from the original. The shadows on the clouds could probably be rotated around another 45 degrees or so, and you might want to work in a little of that glow on the bottom of them. That might be too much though. I like the new font, except for the 'Y'. I think it's because it doesn't have quite the same large pixel look as the others since you used some smaller blocks for it. I'd personally like a little more curve in the 'S', but everything else is pretty angly, so it fits.

Nice job. :)
In response to Flick
Thanks man, fixed the Y and a some little things there quickly.
I think you have good advice but your example is kind of wonky. But that's probably just clashing color choice lol.

Page: 1 2