As i said Exentriks game won cause it was closer to being a conventional maze, not because it was better. was still a boss maze game doe :)
In response to LILMESSI18
LILMESSI18 wrote:
As i said Exentriks game won cause it was closer to being a conventional maze, not because it was better. was still a boss maze game doe :)

Yes now you're starting to get it, it beat Yut Put's game at being a maze. Not necessarily a better game, but a better maze game, which is what the criteria was.
I'm pretty sure Exentriks was on acid when he made this game.
Then you, sir, are a very unique individual.

No, but seriously, I can respect your creativity. I just had no idea what the heck I was playing.
In response to Rushnut
also proving my point anything that was intuitive past just a maze would loose which is just sad.
Put down the glue.
LILMESSI18 wrote:
also proving my point anything that was intuitive past just a maze would loose which is just sad.

And once again we come to the Tennis vs Football argument.

The challenge is clearly set that you should do X.

Nothing is stopping Yut Put from going and making the same game, except making it outside of the challenge. The challenge is a laugh, it's a joke, it's a bit of fun to see if you can do X well. If you come into the challenge and provide Y, it litterally does not matter if Y is amazing and incredible.

Imagine if someone took WoW, and entered it into a racing game contest.

THEORETICALLY you CAN race others in WoW, but it would be disqualified instantly because, well because that's retarded WoW isn't a racing game at all.

This is exactly the same problem, once again let me reiterate, NOBODY IS SAYING YUT PUT'S GAME IS BAD. It IS a bad entry into a maze contest though. He could of gone and made the game and not entered it, and there wouldn't be a damn bit of care in the world. But as it stands, it took the prize money in a contest that people entered trying to compete to make mazes. Not to make arcade zombie killers.
In response to Rushnut
The game being the game being accepted into the contest makes it un able to be tennis because a tennis player would not be able to even enter football contest this analogy is horrible and i would like you to stop using it cause it further makes you look stupid. like i said intuitiveness is always frowned upon past a certain point. yuts game is clearly funner and is also a maze so class and point it should've won but it needed to be more of a maze and win and more bring to win. but anyways Congratz guyz all of you made cool games :!
LILMESSI18 wrote:
The game being the game being accepted into the contest makes it un able to be tennis because a tennis player would not be able to even enter football contest this analogy is horrible and i would like you to stop using it cause it further makes you look stupid. like i said intuitiveness is always frowned upon past a certain point. yuts game is clearly funner and is also a maze so class and point it should've won but it needed to be more of a maze and win and more bring to win. but anyways Congratz guyz all of you made cool games :!

No, it's not.

By very definition.

Yut puts game is NOT a maze.

If it was a maze do you think there would be people complaining? Do you think Pop Lava would of put a comment about how it was hard for him to decide whether or not to reject it?

My Tennis analogy is perfect because, as you clearly say, a tennis player would not be able to enter a football contest, JUST LIKE THIS GAME SHOULD NOT OF BEEN ABLE TO ENTER A MAZE CONTEST.

DO YOU GET IT NOW?

ARGH.
Like i said by popa accepting it into the contest he decided it was enough of a maze/maze to be judged so he had to judge it the same exact way. it is a maze find me how it isn't.

No ones complaining you're complaining about it cause your have no creativity.
Keep it calm and civil, guys. Maybe it's worth dropping this topic and moving on?
In response to Jp
Jp wrote:
Keep it calm and civil, guys. Maybe it's worth dropping this topic and moving on?

This is calm and civil.

You won't like me when I'm not civil.
You guys are beating a dead horse at this point and will end up getting the thread locked. If you care, consider taking it offline. If you don't, continue until the thread gets locked.

I'm not trying to offend or insult anyone or anything here, just trying to explain to Mr.Messi why your game wasn't given the top prize, because ultimately (At least in my opinion) your game was still the most enjoyable, it just wasn't quite within the scope of the contest.
Well Pop said he didn't especially enjoy Yut's entry, and I think instead enjoyed the atmosphere in Exentriks' entry.

I honestly don't get why LILMIES is still rehashing his point, Pop chose to include Yut entry, he said it would have taken top spot if it had MORE of a maze element (The use of 'more' implies it has a maze element). Pop was the judge, it was his call and it's over now.
Not relishing, just saying i was right an everyone has already stated my point and agreed with it w.o realizing cause they dont see my point even though i clearly pointed it out, nuts analogy was horrible i wasn't being un-civilized. like i stated also i know the contest is over all i was doing was replying to people who continued to argue about my opinion and some facts i stated. @nut somebody already posted the definition of a maze and i proved that it is a maze by definition but its not solely one. anyways im out.
lol...
In response to Jittai
Jittai wrote:
lol...

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10