ID:1284125

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
The compiler was recently modified to compile on a separate thread. Was the possibility of simply killing the underlying dm.exe process considered in favor of trying to stop the compile process gracefully?

At the moment it still takes a while for the compilation process to be halted, which seems odd because previously it could be halted simply by killing the entire DM process.

I'm sure there are things that go wrong when you halt a compilation by killing it, but the primary reason for halting it is because you want to make a minor change and then recompile anyway.

If it's possible to implement this feature but if it may cause trouble could it be added as a separate option?
You can compile the old way by running a separate dm.exe. This new system does not use dm.exe; it just spawns the compilation in a separate thread of DreamMaker. It's probably possible to hard-terminate that thread as part of the kill process but I am worried it may result in some corruption. I'll take a look.

The reason we don't use dm.exe is because the thread isn't wholly independent; we need its information to update the object tree.
I added some improvements that should help with this. Let me know if it's still an issue in 499.1192, once that's out.
BTW, related in 1192 is that you can halt DM while it's in the obj-tree generation state (which can be annoying sometimes when you startup the program with a map when you only want to work on the code).