Legend of Another World

by Xirre
Legend of Another World
A Fantasy game made to be played with RP or PVP but only one. It is the choice of the Admins.
ID:1284174

So, as I have been busy after graduating high school I have been working on creating a Shell Server for BYOND. Now that I have finished up on that Shell Server a bit I am getting back to working with Legend of Another World.

What's been changed?
I optimized some of the NPCs and turfs to work with pixel movement effectively.

What is wanted to be changed?
Well, I want to change quite a few things but that's not entirely within my skills.

First, I want to add a nice login screen. Like how Teka's Angel Falls game comes with an intro that shows "BYOND Games" and then "Teka Co. Mafia" and after that, "Angel Falls" I am planning to make an intro that shows "BYOND Games" and then "Xirre Co. & Team" and after that, "Legend of Another World". I forgot who originally did this setup but I like the way it works and I have to give them credit, with the fading it is awesome. I have started making the "Legend of Another World" screen but it's just pink and plain for testing purposes.

I guess over time I can make it look a bit better myself but if anyone who is skilled with making nice images for things like this and can make "Xirre Co. & Team" as well look nice (They can design it however they like.) I would appreciate it and credit you for it.

I worked on "BYOND Games" and got it to look like this. :)

Secondly, I am working on making more quests to improve the story line. I'm going to make it more like Fable, Dishonored, and the rest of those kind of games. Where one choice leads to another possibility.
Sounds good. Keep it up!
Thanks! I just got it to fade from BYOND Games to the Login screen. I have to work through teamviewer since I'm at my uncles house lol. It's hard doing this.
q_q Thank you so much, Mikey.
No problem , I was afraid it was to boot legged for you , but then I looked at your images above and thought "Hey I cant possibly make it look worse than that pink load screen " Lmao
Lol! Well, sheesh. Insult my artwork why dontcha!
Where did you get the BYOND Games screen?
Xirre I resized it to 480x480 like you asked so just click on the same link and redownload .

@D-Cire I think he just got the byond emblem and added the thumbnails of the programs o.o
Ok. Ty. I'll add it in the game tomorrow. I'm packing up my stuff and going home at the moment. So tomorrow when I wake up I'll add it to the game.
@D-Cire: I did PRNT SCRN to get the image from Angel Falls. And someone else used it as well. I think my game would be the 3rd game to use it. o.O If I'm correct. Just thought I should give recognition for BYOND as much as possible. :)
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
@D-Cire: I did PRNT SCRN to get the image from Angel Falls. And someone else used it as well. I think my game would be the 3rd game to use it. o.O If I'm correct. Just thought I should give recognition for BYOND as much as possible. :)

Also the print screen made it look pixelated on the game , ill give it some touch ups if you want.
Sure. But it was just the way .png works. It excluded some colors.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:

That's not how .png's work.
If you have gimp you can use the pixelate filter to fix up that pixelation issue. It works by making existing pixels smaller or larger, in this case making them smaller would increase the "sharp" look of the image, though based on how large the original image was and if you scaled it, it may not yield much results.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Xirre wrote:

That's not how .png's work.

Running under an old version of paint. The only one that doesn't remove some of the pixels is .bmp . I'm not using any software other than paint. Lol.
In response to Dariuc
Dariuc wrote:
If you have gimp you can use the pixelate filter to fix up that pixelation issue. It works by making existing pixels smaller or larger, in this case making them smaller would increase the "sharp" look of the image, though based on how large the original image was and if you scaled it, it may not yield much results.

I have gimp. But I can never understand how to use it.
In response to Xirre
google "how do i do 'whatever' in gimp?" it's usually a 1-2 minute process to learn how to use some things.
It takes a bit of getting used to but once you do it's very helpful.
Alrighty then. :p
It'll be easier for me to draw pictures for the game when I get my dekstop. Right now I'm running windows under a VM. So.. Gimp isn't all that great through that. It'll probably lag up everything. But I have it on Ubuntu, my main OS. So I'll practice it sometime.
Page: 1 2