ID:1285673

Resolved
BYOND Version:499.1192
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 27.0.1453.110
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
I noticed when Tom posted his most recent activity update that the activity tab for his person page was flashing. So I click it to see what the update is, and I see at the top the most recent update he posted. When I click off of this tab and on to the chat tab, the Activity tab begins to flash again, indicating more activity. If I click on Activity now, I notice there is nothing new there. This continues to happen until I restart the pager.

When I restart the pager, the problem went away, but I think it had something to do with Tom being invisible or something. O_o
It's probably updating every time someone replies to the post, which I noticed happened as well.
In response to Ernesto5432
That would make sense! It has really slowed down now, though.
I have the same issue, It happens with any new activity.

I have a laptop and it seems this only happens if the computer hibernated and then when I resume the pager is still open.

If I restart the pager the issue goes away however, Its not a big issue as I still get a sound effect telling me theres a new update so the flashing isn't all I need to rely on.
I get this too.
When I open the pager after receiving an alert - I try to click on [Feed] to stop the alert. Nothing happens. I click [Home], and then go back to [Feed] - it pings some more and blinks more.
I believe this is post-related, yes. What I think happened is that you were following the post (probably due to having replied) while Tom's tab was open. I'm working on the logic to fix this.

The behavior we want is for a new post that you're auto-following (e.g., a friend or favorite hub entry) to flash the appropriate tab/subtab if it's open, rather than the Feed tab. The feed treats the initial post and the alerts on followup comments as separate entities, but it knows they ultimately belong to the same source: in this case, Tom. The current logic is flashing Tom's tab instead of the Feed tab; it might only be doing this when he's the one who replies.

In the case where you're following a post outright and getting alerts on the replies, we want only the Feed tab to flash.

[edit]
I suspect this is a duplicate of ID:1284145.
Please retest this in 499.1194 when it's available. It might need a relatively active thread to trigger.
Closing, assumed fixed.
Lummox JR resolved issue