ID:1286701

There are many iconners and programmers on Byond. But people have a hard time finding them, paid or unpaid. There are also programmers and iconners that want to make money from their services. Usually people in the Classified Ads section in the forum get what they want. But I think my idea can make it simpler and easier.

How about we do this: We create a section on the Byond website or a separate website and have Byond make a deal with their iconners, programmers, story writers etc... The deal would be through using Internet transaction a certain price would be put for services by iconning or programming such as $1 per frame or $0.50 per programming line. We would make a site or a section on Byond where people who want to make certain games can buy iconners and programmer's services. It will be done through Byond and Byond will take a portion of that money and the iconners/programmers the rest. Maybe we can even put up free iconners and programmers. We can also charge more for expert programmers/iconners/etc...

There are many benefits in doing this:

1) Those who want to make a game can always have access to extra help or full gaming making help from programmers, iconners etc...

2) Byond will make money from this

3) Programmers/iconners/etc... can make money from this

4) There won't be such a big need to post on the Classified Ads every time to offer or ask for your services and wait if they will even look this month at your listing. This way it will always be available.

5) This will be fast and on time.

This could really make this professional and everyone benefits.

So this is what we should do:

1)Have Byond contact all the iconners/programmers/etc...
2) Make a deal with them and decide on how the prices will work
3) Make a page or a website maybe something like hirebyondexperts.com and post the prices per work done that people can pay them. A person there can hire someone and pay them and tell them what they need to be done.

I think this is a great idea that will help out everyone!!
I think the problem with this is that a lot of people seem to not even have the money to donate to keep BYOND itself alive, so how many people would be interested in paying for a programmer or artist?
In response to Gearbox3954
There will probably be some. Someone like "I have a great gaming idea and thousands of dollars to spend on it" and there will be that page(or website) and they will be available to do that. I sometimes hire iconners and programmers and would also appreciate them being more available like on their own page or website.
If they're experts, they won't call themselves "iconners".
In response to Vrocaan
Okay man how can I call them properly? Pixel Artists?
In response to TheDarkChakra
That depends on if they make pixel art. Honestly, graphic artist (not to be confused with kids with Photoshop) probably sums it up best.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Honestly, gfxer (not to be confused with kids with Photoshop) probably sums it up best.

fixed

In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
kids with Photoshop

I wish :(
To: Deleted poster: I disagree. We can set up quality work and have them pay more for quality work. We can make it low quality, medium quality and high quality. I pay my iconner per frame and its good work.

All we have to do is set up that page and have those programmers/iconners/etc be available to do the work ay a certain time. It won't cost anything.