ID:1286732

Resolved
BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 27.0.1453.110
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Dream Maker crashes if you try to search for anything in the /tg/station source-code (a branch of SS13, but bug most likely occurs on all versions).

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Try to type anything into the "Find object" field. (for instance, type "crate")
2. Dream Maker crashes.

Expected Results:
"Find object" should work. :)

Actual Results:
"Find object" crashes DM. :(

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time, happens when you type the first letter.
In other games?
I didn't test this!
In other user accounts?
Didn't test this either.
On other computers?
Nor this.

When does the problem NOT occur?
It probably doesn't occur if the project is smaller and has fewer type paths to deal with.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
N/A, feature did not exist prior to 499

Workarounds:
None that I can tell.
Dangit.. it's not happening for me. I'm trying on a daedelus SS13 branch as well as on Eternia, both of which have a huge amount of objects. I even searched for "crate" as said.

Does this happen on every project (eg, a simple demo with only a few objects)? There must be something different about the configuration here...
Oh, I'm seeing by your report that it crashes the moment you interact with the box? So that would be indicative of something else and likely nothing to do with the "find" itself. That would mean it would crash on every project. Also, if I'm understanding Eternal_Memories video earlier, it is crashing when clicking other text field boxes. I did make a change there so I'll take a look.
I did find one possibility and have done a build with that fix in place. Please try: http://www.byond.com/download/build/499/499.1193_byond.exe and tell me if it fixes the problem.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Oh, I'm seeing by your report that it crashes the moment you interact with the box? So that would be indicative of something else and likely nothing to do with the "find" itself.

Yeah, that's what I tried to show on the video. And I don't know what to do with the link you posted, it doesn't include a different dream maker version, it's just the Flash files. :S
It can confirm that it works in the 1193 build.
Great! Sorry EM, I pointed to the wrong link. It's edited now.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Great! Sorry EM, I pointed to the wrong link. It's edited now.

Heh, I even downloaded it and checked if the BYONDexe release contained DM...
I just downloaded the version 499.1193, it doesn't crash Dream Maker. :)
Tom resolved issue