ID:1288408

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
(in the topic, I mean 'open' as in...not needing any sort of formatting or special reading)

It'd be great if Dream Maker could be used as a general text editor; along side code.

I think this feature makes a lot of sense, especially now that we have tabs.

A lot of projects have non-code files that are essential to the game (html, txt, cfg files) that would be a lot easier to edit straight from Dream Maker, rather than opening them in whatever the default editor is.

You could have a list of associated file formats settable in Dream Maker, and when you open those files from Dream Maker's file tree; it'll open as a new tab.
++
++

The ability to create text files within DM would go along nicely too
Currently, Dream Maker opens all non-BYOND files in external editors. I would like to see support (or an option) for editing .txt files within Dream Maker, as DM already contains a pretty decent text-file editor for .dm files, and my project makes fairly heavy use of text files for game scripting.

The gist is that editing a .txt file should be doable within dream maker, using the same interface as .dm files but without syntax highlighting.
I would like this.
This would help me out immensely as well.
Context menu option for every type of file (except for perhaps built-in types) that allows the file to be opened in the built-in editor. Syntax highlighting would obviously not be an option.
In response to Sir Lazarus
I guess my request isn't very original.