ID:1288741

I think its realistic to achieve $5000 per month. In just 10, 1/3 of the month, days Byond has raised more than 2/3 of the money. I bought someone membership plus $1 to a total of $25 making my donation this month $99 and Byond to $3500.
Problem is, it's only the first month. well have to see how the next few months ago if the donations keep up...
In response to Flame Sage
Yeah, man, I thought that too. I hope they keep the donation bar up, I think it motivates me and other people and reminds site visitors to contribute/donate.
the revenue stream has to come from fresh blood or we dry up fast. Best thing to do is make games that earn and donate a percentage or all until byond developers are taken care of.
June 9- $143
June 10- $128 (so far).

I'm sorry, but I think BYOND won't be able to achieve it's goal every month. :S
In response to Eternal_Memories
I don't know, man. If it does, it might be for this month only. I have been very genorous; $99 so far this month. I think there are many people who could donate money but don't. I know people's mentality good enough to say that.
The sudden burst of donations was as a result of the introduction to the new/fresh donation system. Eventually, it will die out. That much is expected, sadly.

Making the cut for this month, although unlikely, is possible. I do not see this working out for other months though. Things need to be done. Fast.
It's still very early. I think within a week or so we'll have a better assumption of whether or not BYOND can consistently make $5000 a month through donations.
Show me FLASH integration available for us all to use, and I'll donate. That's the only reason I still have BYOND in the favorites tab honestly. :( I know it's harsh but it's the truth.
In response to Evi of au
Evi of au wrote:
Show me FLASH integration available for us all to use, and I'll donate. That's the only reason I still have BYOND in the favorites tab honestly. :( I know it's harsh but it's the truth.

:(
Deal with em. All Day. Everyday.
Depending on how much money I have left over at the end of the month, I'll be making a donation.
BYOND will not reach $5,000/mo infact the only reason it is this high this month is because of a few big donations...$100+.

It's unfortunate but at least i think i'm pretty sure not all of these people can donate lots of money every month like that o.o (TEKA NOT INCLUDED).

As Tom said or someone...we have to eat too :P

But who knows maybe I'm wrong... I'm going to try to pitch in soon as well... I just got a job and i have no real big bills atm ill try to toss $100 or so per month if i can.
I don't want Teka donating $8K, or people contributing $100/month. It's incredibly nice, but we have to survive on volume. If the average joe BYOND user can't even kick in $2, then I don't think this is going to work.

And that's OK. It just tells us where we're at.
Why not have the ability to attach donations to feature requests?
Because features aren't dictated by donations. Some take a lot of work, some are not feasible, and some we just don't want to do. We do what we can. We need a certain minimal contribution to justify the time spent on this, because we are adults and have to earn some money.
In response to Tom
Who took a tinkle in your cheerios? Been really down again lately, even more-so than before the donations.

Offering payment if feature request are completed is a pretty good idea, and offers more incentive for features to be included. However, I see your point as well, at least half of the request cannot or should not be implemented, and people will be more upset that they offered money and still got shut down. But you're being too close-minded about these ideas to gain extra bits of cash, even if it's small amounts over time, it adds up. I though that's what you wanted, a way to stabilize over time. People in general aren't gonna constantly donate for nothing, you have to offer something in return. Even then, they're not gonna keep donation like you want and need them to, you have to start to branch out into ways to earn those small bits of money over time until you start making enough so you don't have to rely on us nearly as much.
June 12: $3,723. I donated $124 total mostly through giving away free memberships.
Haha, nah. I just think that the ONLY way to successfully market a BYOND game is with extreme ease of access. If I could get someone to try a game by getting them to visit my website, than I am sure I could profit from that one way or another. BYOND could too, so I would get on that!